Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Some people just don't care

I'm talking about "regular" people, who arent into cars, or could care less about them.

It really pisses me off sometimes. Especially when they leave a nice door ding with paint chipping. It's fine if they don't care about their car, but watch the fuck out when opening your door on other peoples car. I know you don't care about your car, but i take pride in mine, i put love, time, money into this thing, and leave it upto a fuck face to molest her.

I know some of you will say "it's just a car". Ya i know, but when you put so much time and effort to keeping this 10year old nice and pretty, it's hard not to get frustrated and angry when ppl leave these "gifts" around.

arrgggghhhh

/rant

Amen to that! I feel the same way. And it never matters where you park, they will find you. I always try to park her as far away from everyone as possible yet close enough for her to be safe from thieves; did that stop someone from backing into her and taking off?... Nope. It’s good to know that I’m not the only one that gets that upset about it… Lol!

I usually know value of my stuff and try to keep them well, even If I paid $5 for something I still take care of it, because I fucking paid for it. Most people pays $500-$600 for smatphones and take care of them for few months, but after a time they give less care and start throwing them. It is Squandering. God gave us chance to buy what we ever bought. So we should be thankful for what we have. Maybe its because of the society, I saw hundreds who hit other cars while parking and they don`t even get out of their car to see what they caused. People take it and see it as normal thing. In new york people use bumper protective and it explains us the common problem.

For those moron who say it just a car. It is not just a fucking car, It has a value, Value that some people can`t even wish to buy.

Whatever, to avoid those idiots gifts, I usually park my car end of the parking lot or try to park it in the corners. It makes me crazy when I see little dent on my car.

Brotherman, I understand and agree.

I got 2 nice door dings from the same jackass at the same time. Before I rolled out of the parking space I pulled out my Mag Lite and returned the favor. And I may have also destroyed the passenger side door mirror.

My girl knows how I feel about my cars but still gave me that "I cant believe you just did that" look. When asked later I simply answered "cause fuk'em thats why!". Now every time I walk to the driver side and see those dents it makes me want to get rid of the car.

And no, its not just "a" car.

Lol! I can’t believe you did that either but I wish I had the nerve to do it; then maybe people would be a little more careful. Thanks for sharing tinman5. I feel a little better about my bumper being hit now. Feels like you “returned the favor” for all of us...

I have nothing but respect for another person or their belongings. Until it's time to stop having that respect.
    I go out of my way to keep my cars (all oldies, but an assload invested between the three) out of peoples way. I keep them clean, I show consideration where I park and even how far I open my doors. But when some ignorant, self absorbed moron has to haul ass and park all up on my ride swing their doors out wide and roll their fat asses across the parking lot because it began to drizzle? DRIZZLE!!! Not even rain mind you. Thats the wrong answer.
    I even went as far as to bring it to the other drivers attention. You know what that son of a bitch said? "well thats too bad" and turned his fat ass around and proceeded to place a food order for his fat ass, his wifes fat ass and his three fat ass kids.
    Now to be fair, I am not a particularly big individual. I stand a hair under six feet and about 200 pounds. However I weight train religously, have been boxing for almost 30 of my 38 years and practicing Brazilian jui jitsu for almost 20. I have had the pleasure and misfortune of being on both ends of a beating and I can say with absolute confidence that I can handle myself. I was gonna throw a hurting on this fat bastard. I am not disposed to fighting or losing my temper, but dont confuse "I would rather not" with "I won't" go.
    All this over a couple of door dings.
    Outside, in the parking lot, away from anyone to get involved, I would have choked this sombich to the point of retardation.

I know how you feel. This might sound ignorant for me to say but I always feel the non car people aka the drones are such noobs at life. But thats wrong to say, they are just noobs with cars since cars are not an interest/priority for them. They dont know the first thing about washing/detailing/mechanics/etc. Okay well some do but thats a few from what I have seen. Anyways what I do is use my best discretion at all times. It also helps if you have a beater, I recently picked up a 1985 CRX (5 speed woot woot) for free from a family member. I use that thing whenever I go to some place I dont trust ie. Walmart/Asian supermarket/bad neighborhoods. But yeah, usually non car peopel are the ones causing the dents and dings 95% of the time...the other 5% are the haters. But usually they do more than just tap and ting a car...they key it. Thats how my Miata ended up getting a new paint job. Haters.

keying is the worst. U should see my friends e92 335, key marks everywhere on car. So much haters if you are young and driving nice car. Since haters cant afford one, they choose to mess up yours. Also some guy keyed my neighbors carbonfiber AMG package C300, too bad he was caught by security cameras. That loser paid for repairs. If I catch someone keying my car sure he will be placed where he came from.

To tinman5: I cannot believe that jerk’s reply was “that’s too bad.” He’s extremely lucky that you let him off so easily.

I agree with you, DRP967! And sorry that your miata got keyed by haters. That’s ridiculous.

Glad i'm not the only one feeling this way!!!

EUB44 hit the nail right on the head. No matter what i buy, weither it be $5 or $500, i take care of that shit. Everything I buy has been treated like a baby because I value my hard earned money. Some people just dont "see the value" in cars.

I usually try to park in an end spot, or try to park next to that jeep without doors haha, but thats far and few between.

This is not the first ding mind you, and i have retaliated before. I'm not proud of it by any means, but i felt compelled that something had to be done to at least try to get the message accross.

Im just dreading going back to school, what a mess of a parking lot.

Yeah and it seems keying a black car is extra satisfying from what I ask people. Its like keying a silver/white car just doesnt feel worth it but a black is rewarding. I can see what they mean since its a dark color, thinking about it is one thing...its another to do it. Its always nice to hear when the person guilty of the crime gets caught. Most of the time these bad people get away unfortunately. And as for the "thats too bad"" comment from the heavy set dude....thats wack. The nerve of some people, it still surprises me because I keep believing people can be respectful and courteous. And to SC61boosted, thanks appreciate the condolences. At least she looks good now.

Quote Originally Posted by rd02SiR View Post
    Glad i'm not the only one feeling this way!!!

EUB44 hit the nail right on the head. No matter what i buy, weither it be $5 or $500, i take care of that shit. Everything I buy has been treated like a baby because I value my hard earned money. Some people just dont "see the value" in cars.

I usually try to park in an end spot, or try to park next to that jeep without doors haha, but thats far and few between.

This is not the first ding mind you, and i have retaliated before. I'm not proud of it by any means, but i felt compelled that something had to be done to at least try to get the message accross.

Im just dreading going back to school, what a mess of a parking lot.
    I feel you mang, your not alone. And the jeep with no doors is cool for dent saving sake haha. I parked next to one a week ago...felt good about that. Cars are as valuable as the owner sees em...my Miata and CRX are my babies. They arent high dollar exotic supercars but they are mine and I love and take care of em...thats all that matters.

Yeah, i know it's a civic and not a ferrari, but I but lots of time and effort to make her look nice.

I find people are getting less and less considerate for others. Take for example, I was driving down the highway, now normally anywhere in north america, the far eft ane of a hwy is for passing, not doing the speed limit. Then when i zoom by, I'M the one who gets the dirty look. NO BITCH, MOVE THE FUCK OVER>>> Or when im watiing at an intersection trying to turn right, and on comming traffic don't use their signals. Like, if you put your signal on, I could have gone, but no, you slow down, making me unsure if youre turning or not. Signals wern't an option accessory! And same right turn and someone is next to you and they pulled up way too far for you to see down the road, that really grinds my gears too.

Quote Originally Posted by rd02SiR View Post
    Yeah, i know it's a civic and not a ferrari, but I but lots of time and effort to make her look nice.

I find people are getting less and less considerate for others. Take for example, I was driving down the highway, now normally anywhere in north america, the far eft ane of a hwy is for passing, not doing the speed limit. Then when i zoom by, I'M the one who gets the dirty look. NO BITCH, MOVE THE FUCK OVER>>> Or when im watiing at an intersection trying to turn right, and on comming traffic don't use their signals. Like, if you put your signal on, I could have gone, but no, you slow down, making me unsure if youre turning or not. Signals wern't an option accessory! And same right turn and someone is next to you and they pulled up way too far for you to see down the road, that really grinds my gears too.
    Yeah man I know about the bad drivers but lately I take into account one thing...age. If I dont see em that clearly from a distance I think about how they might be an old person putting around. Not that it makes things right/acceptable but if thats the case I am not really bothered as their reaction time/reflexes/capability might be lowered. Just gotta be on the defensive at all times...driving defensively I mean. I have avoided so many close calls/accidents that away. Situation awareness at all times in any given situation will do anyone a lot of good.

LOL! I hear ya, rd02SiR. It’s like DRP967 said, “non car people are noobs with cars.” Seems like when you see a fellow car enthusiast on the road they are more courteous and conscientious

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information