Close

Amp/sub ohms question.

What up guys,

Bought a sub for a friends bday. Shallow mount Rockford fosgate 10" 4+4ohm DVC.

Can I use my precision power pc2600.2 or pc4400.2 amp with this sub?

I've talked to a few of my friends and am getting different answers. Ephatch hasn't steered me wrong that I can remember so help a brotha out.

Pic of the sub connections?

Both are 4 ohm stable run mono/bridged. Depending on how you wire the sub, your amp could see 2 ohms. Not good. Any more info on how you plan on setting everything up?

a 2 ohm stable is best for a 4+4 ohm DVC subwoofer, unless you have a amp that can handle a 1 ohm load. Best bet is to try to come across a mono D-Class amp. To wire the sub to 2 ohm load wire the 2 voice coil negatives together and the 2 voice coils positives together, then provide power to each of them (this is the common sense part).
    Last edited by 03Si757; 08-15-2012 at 07:31 PM.

which fosgate sub is it exactly if i remember correctly it should be a shallow mount p3 that that was one of the only shallow mount subs fosgate made. Also that sub the shallow mount p3 is rated at 400rms so i would wire it up in parallel run each positive to the positive of the amp and each negative to the negative of the amp. I am assuming that your amp is 2 ohm stable so bridge the channel together and run the sub off of that.

Thread Information