Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

TL Bi-xenon projector?

So I have a pair of TL projector and want to know has anyone try to swap them into the CTR headlight?

i know there have been people who swapped tsx projectors in depo lights, personally i wouldnt ruin a legit set of ctr headlights

Took me a while to decide to do this since I have the halogen bulb projector on my ctr headlight. And the light pattern suck when you use HID kit with it. I end up switch back to oem headlight for better vision at night. Since then the CTR headlight just sitting in my garage. I read about the tsx swap but it's hard to find a set unless I go with the whole headlight which is expensive for me. I also remember there was a thread about puttin the Audi valeo projector in it. But I guess that thread was lost when the site went down.

I like when old users come back around.

"Here kitty kitty."

Too bad Ocelaris is gone; he'd know exactly what to do. Bump to help an OG.

Quote Originally Posted by cow View Post
    I like when old users come back around.

"Here kitty kitty."

Too bad Ocelaris is gone; he'd know exactly what to do. Bump to help an OG.
    Thanks for the bump. It had been a while since I am on ephatch. I am surprise that some one still remember me specially the phrase "here kitty kitty" haha.
    Its too bad that some of the OG ephatcher are gone. They are the pioneers of this website and many mod on the ep3.

Now I remember it was Ocelaris' posts that I had read before. He was like the projector guru that did a lot of different comparison.

Anyway, I think I will try to fit this TL projector on to my Anzo Headlight first and see how it will work out first. Then swap it to the CTR headlight.
    Last edited by yugisama; 08-16-2012 at 10:25 PM.

It's too bad people are gone, but it happens as time moves. I didn't get on for a couple of years, then came back to say hi & have been lurking a little since.

Good luck with your retrofit. Good call on testing it in the 'crappier' housing first.

Lol I am doing the same thing right now. I think ever since the site crashed and bumped my post down to 35, I gave up haha. But then the tuner bug bite and now I am back on here looking for input from people.

To my surprise, I found Ocelaris' posts on HIDplanet about swapping valeo projectors into the ANZO housing. I just ordered the valeo projectors on ebay and see if the TL projector will fit, if not I can swap in the valeo. Use this to practice so I can make perfect on the CTR housing.

I think I remember hearing Ocelaris was a moderator there. I'm glad you were able to find his posts-- they may be worth relinking here. I hate that so much information was lost.

I was thinking a few days ago that I used to be interested in retrofitting, but after buying my Z & Evo, I don't really think about it anymore since the cars came with projectors & HID's.

Deleted Repost
    Last edited by yugisama; 08-17-2012 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cow View Post
    I think I remember hearing Ocelaris was a moderator there. I'm glad you were able to find his posts-- they may be worth relinking here. I hate that so much information was lost.
    Yes he is. At least that what it said under his username. There are many links at HIDplanet that was started by Ocelaris about retrofitting different projector lens. Not as detail as it was on ephatch but still some useful info. But for those that interest, you can search on HIDplanet under Ocelaris.

Quote Originally Posted by cow
    I was thinking a few days ago that I used to be interested in retrofitting, but after buying my Z & Evo, I don't really think about it anymore since the cars came with projectors & HID's.
    It's always nice when it come equipped from the factory. But then you can always upgrade to a better a more clear lens

And I just brought another TSX lens off ebay. So many options now, TL, Valeo, TSX, I feel like a kid in a candy store!!!!

Now I remembered why I stayed away from ephatch for a while. I end up spending too much money coz the more time I spend on ephatch, the more I want to mod my car. Kinda like now.

Lol I feel your pain. I don't get on the Evo forums much for that exact reason!

just saw this, here you go, did this a while ago, one bulb just blew out after 6 yrs.

That looks nice. Too bad I don't have the 02-03 housing. Right now I am doing Audi A4 Valeo D2S projector on the Anzo headlight and a TSX D2S projectors on my CTR halogen projector headlight with adding Angel Eye on the projector.

Quote Originally Posted by yugisama View Post
    That looks nice. Too bad I don't have the 02-03 housing. Right now I am doing Audi A4 Valeo D2S projector on the Anzo headlight and a TSX D2S projectors on my CTR halogen projector headlight with adding Angel Eye on the projector.
    dope, post up pix when you done, angel eyes in the ctr projectors will be kool
    Last edited by Mr.EP3; 04-06-2009 at 01:17 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information