Close

Sidewinder manifold with Precision SC6057SP Billet Turbo wastegate help????

I'm getting ready to do a sc60 setup with a sidewinder manifold, its a docracing mani the wg flange is right by the turbo housing.. my question is i've read if i do a single 44mm wg i might have boost creep (which i want to avoid) So should i just do a twin 38mm setup or is a 44mm going to be able to handle it? I'm not running much boost for now 10psi.. if that matters.

to fix creep issues you want to NOT vent the top port on the external

you will want to set it up like how most turbo cars come from the factory (well older ones)

instead of venting it do it with a constant vaccum source, how do you do this you ask?

easy make an intake pipe to the turbo and plumb the "vent" line to it
    you will not have the vacuum needed and that helps the waste gate stay open since sidwinder manifolds are not the greatest at holding back pressure to keep force on the valve inside (exhaust gasses) and the reg pressure line now by itself in higher rpm bands wont cut it

reason for this is simple
    when the turbo reaches a steady flow exhaust gasses pass alot easier in the higher rpm register (slow loss of back pressure)
    then the gate creeps to the closed position slightly. so now your boost will increase mainly, because the reg pressure cannot keep the spring up (these solo line setups are dependent on both line pressure and exhaust pressure to open the gate)

so in theory (and one proven by my old setup and boosted V8s with nearly identical manifolds) the new line plumbed to your top port and going to a new constant vacuum source
    will make up for the lack of exhaust pressure in the higher rpm register

on my old setup i stumbled across this idea while looking through an old greddy boost controller install manual (i was considering using it to combat my own issue) while looking at it i thought to my self is "why are they saying to plumb to a reg intake pipe for dual ported gates?"

after thinking about how gasses move in the car the idea hit me!

two weeks later i had an intake pipe fabbed up to my gt35r with a stainless steel autozone filter and YUS! i had vacuum pressure constantly while driving in that port (idle was "meh")

tried no filter and it was lower (but never tried it in the higher rpm)

but, with this setup i got three things to actually work where i had to deal with all or nothing before

1 boost creep with boost control disabled was non existent
    2 boost settings for low boost actually held and i didnt have to run some crazy duty cycle ( i was maxing it out nearly before)
    3 yes i got boost by gear to work with a 44mm gated fullrace kit (with minimal adjustments)

so your next question will be how do you set it up with a hondata or GM boost solenoid?
    easy that setup requires bot lines to go to the solenoid
    except one
    the filter (or weird brass looking "sponge"- which is just a metal filter) was removed and plumbed to the vacuum source
    because........ all it did before was vent out now when it operates it "sucks" on the top port

hopefully that was enough info to put in perspective

i lurk maybe once a month and ill post if i see a question i can answer to my best ability or incorrect info being advised
    sinistercivicsi civic5lug and most of the boosted crown will vouch for my technical knowledge (ive been away for a while i would totally expect the "who the F--- is this guy")
    i once had a 592whp ep on pump gas, i sold it and bought a Z
    (heed my advice i know what im doing)

Registered User gtimportfanatic's Avatar
    hmmm.. might have to try this with the setup im helping my friend with.. any chance u can give a paint illustration on how this should work? lol

Thread Information