Close

RevHard K20A3 turbo kit emissions question.

Hi there. I have an 02 civic SiR, and I'm looking into the rev hard street kit. From my research, It seems the most bang for your buck system, and quiet complete. The only thing is the disclaimer about CARB emissions. I am in ontario canada, so we do not have CARB emissions standards, but I was wondering if anybody can confirm or deny if a car with this kit can pass any sort of emissions test, or if anybody around me has any experience with this.

hey i also live in ontario and am in the process of boosting my ep3, im sure if you keep the cat you would pass i dont see a reason why not

Are you using a kit or going custom ? And according to revhard, it fails carb because of the bigger injectors. I failed my first etest with a perfectly working cat, just because I had a bad O2 sensor. So I don't know what a turbo would do

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Depending on what ur emissions testing consists will decide if you fail or not. If its just a quick ob2 scan then u won't fail, as long as u have no cel light on.

As of right now, It's a sniffer test. Curb idle, and at speed. It failed, by a pretty large margin, when I had a bad O2

Wow. They still do sniffer tests there lol? That sux. U will Prolly fail then .

Quote Originally Posted by bboynumero3 View Post
    Hi there. I have an 02 civic SiR, and I'm looking into the rev hard street kit. From my research, It seems the most bang for your buck system, and quiet complete. The only thing is the disclaimer about CARB emissions. I am in ontario canada, so we do not have CARB emissions standards, but I was wondering if anybody can confirm or deny if a car with this kit can pass any sort of emissions test, or if anybody around me has any experience with this.
    can almost guarantee it will not pass the emissions test just by the visual...

It matters what the visual consists of. Ours here is just to see if u have a cat. Which most places dont even bother to do anymore anyways

im using the emusa kit for its piping but diff wastegate + bov, and will be using rc 550 injectors. i have an etest coming up and im gonna fail if i dont buy a new 02 sensor haha.

Registered User gtimportfanatic's Avatar
    i passed emissions when i was boosted with flying colors, running the car on the dyno and all. i had a 3" exhaust with a cat on it though so it was a little quiet and also no codes.

Thread Information