Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Another KPRO noob needing some help...

Alright so I just got my car back with kpro and have a couple questions. Number one is I have a green light the shape of a key flashing on the cluster and need to know how to get it to go off. I always think my blinkers on now. Second I upload baep3's hioc tune and it runs great with 0 knocks but I think i need more fuel the ratio goes between 14.1 to 16.1 on full throttle. And when I just let of the gas in gear to slow down it spikes to about 27.1 to 30.1. So how would I go about adding more fuel on the entire map. When Im just cruising it sits right around 14.1 to 14.7

Please...help a brother out

To take the key bliking off you would have to go to a dealer and give them this. You would need to take your laptop also. It takes about 10-15 min.
    http://www.hondata.com/immobilizer.html

To add more fuel I believe it is in fuel trim but there is prob more of an expert that can answer it better.

Thanks for that its a good bit of information. Now just really need details on how to get some more fuel in there.

is it possible to kinda just "reflash" the ecu using k-pro if the only mods i have are i/h/e? or would it be a time consuming tuning process that i'd have to learn how to use k-pro...well like a pro?

Quote Originally Posted by bijong21 View Post
    is it possible to kinda just "reflash" the ecu using k-pro if the only mods i have are i/h/e? or would it be a time consuming tuning process that i'd have to learn how to use k-pro...well like a pro?
    Kpro comes with preloaded maps to most likely get your car running, and running better than what it was (making more power, gas mileage ect).

There are people that I know now that will tune your car for like $30-40 online, just keep sending the data logs and he will get your car running awesome.

so these basemaps that come with k-pro for specific engines is pretty much the reflash we pay 295$ for?

Quote Originally Posted by Powers View Post
    Alright so I just got my car back with kpro and have a couple questions. Number one is I have a green light the shape of a key flashing on the cluster and need to know how to get it to go off. I always think my blinkers on now. Second I upload baep3's hioc tune and it runs great with 0 knocks but I think i need more fuel the ratio goes between 14.1 to 16.1 on full throttle. And when I just let of the gas in gear to slow down it spikes to about 27.1 to 30.1. So how would I go about adding more fuel on the entire map. When Im just cruising it sits right around 14.1 to 14.7

Please...help a brother out
    Full throttle A/F should be 13.0 - 13.5. You calibration must not have lean cut enabled if you can do a full throttle run and hit 16.1 A/F. This is dangerous to the engine and you should stop doing full throttle runs until fuel has been added. Your cruise A/F should be 14.7. When off throttle and in gear the A/F will spike to 27+ because the engine is not being supplied fuel. This is normal.

Ok, to add fuel you need to start with the low cam (off vtec) and follow the log to determine which cam angle and what rpm to add fuel. Do the same for the high cam (Vtec on). If you don't know what you're doing you can make the maps bad fast.

If you want, send me your calibration with the full throttle run and I can help.

do you have a link to baep3's .kal calibration

Sorry guys I havent been on in a while I just broke down and went and got it tuned on the dyno. I was to scared to blow it up while trying to figure it out. Ill find that link in a second.

Here it is http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...tup-here/page3
    Last edited by Powers; 09-20-2012 at 10:45 PM. Reason: link

Immobilizer Question... so I've installed K-Pro on my A3 engine...
    I am going to Honda (or is it Acura?) Dealership to reset my immobilizer to do this.
    However, once I do my K24a2 swap, do I need to reprogram my keys again?

Quote Originally Posted by revned3182 View Post
    Immobilizer Question... so I've installed K-Pro on my A3 engine...
    I am going to Honda (or is it Acura?) Dealership to reset my immobilizer to do this.
    However, once I do my K24a2 swap, do I need to reprogram my keys again?
    yes

wow... short answer... no explanation. people telling me different things. anyone else?

Pretty sure you don't need to reprogram your keys when you swap engines. All you'll have to do is upload a base map then to get it to a tuner. Did you send your ecu to hondata or did you get another ecu and send that one to hondata? You won't have to reprogram the immobilizer if you sent your ecu.

Quote Originally Posted by jwdep3 View Post
    Pretty sure you don't need to reprogram your keys when you swap engines. All you'll have to do is upload a base map then to get it to a tuner. Did you send your ecu to hondata or did you get another ecu and send that one to hondata? You won't have to reprogram the immobilizer if you sent your ecu.
    you will have to reprogram because the engine swap uses a new .kal. the keys were programmed to teh old kal.

again... different informations...

Quote Originally Posted by jwdep3 View Post
    well... i dropped by www.teknotik.com and they already have a prb unit ready... they installed the kpro with it... using the base map for reg. gas.

Quote Originally Posted by 04sidriver View Post
    you will have to reprogram because the engine swap uses a new .kal. the keys were programmed to teh old kal.

so guess its best that i leave it be, and deal with it later after the k24a2 swap.

it's a bit distracting, but i guess i'll try to cope with it.

... actually in the end... The technicians from honda dealership didn't know what they were dealing with.
    despite, the PDF instructions from hondata that ive printed out for them.
    its as if they didn't want to deal with it.
    and still wanted to get paid, even though nothing was done to the car.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information