Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by revned3182 View Post
    Immobilizer Question... so I've installed K-Pro on my A3 engine...
    I am going to Honda (or is it Acura?) Dealership to reset my immobilizer to do this.
    However, once I do my K24a2 swap, do I need to reprogram my keys again?
    Quote Originally Posted by 04sidriver View Post
    yes
    Wrong. i signed in just to tell you you're wrong.

I have my original ecu kpro'd and turbo k24a2 swap and I tuned it all myself. if the keys and ecu have been paired then thats all you ever need. If you kpro'd your original ECU then you just have to enable the immobilizer on your kal and reupload to kpro to get rid of the blinking green key.

I think most of the premade kals in kmanager have immobilizer disabled except the stock kals. If you bought a whole kpro ecu and it ISN'T your orginal, you need to bring it to Honda to get it paired so you can enable it in kmanager/kpro to get rid of the blinking key.

flashing a kal to kpro gives you the basic tune to get you running, no one persons kal is going to work perfect for you even if you have the same mods, you have to get it on a dyno and tuned to get the most out of it. you can use someone else's tune to get you going but dont rely on it to run perfect or get the most power from.

so again, immobilizer is not affected by kal/tune uploads. you can get it matched without a tune and get a tune later, and do whatever you want. you will not lose your immobilizer pairing by uploading kals to it. you can not upload immobilizer pairing through kpro. you can only enable and disable the immobilizer for security, hondata put that feature in there so people get get around older car swaps and so you could buy a whole ecu and not encounter downtime. nifty shit.

carry on.

yep... that just happened. lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information