Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Re-Wiring Side Markers to Come on w/Headlights

Anyone done this? i'd like to get white bulbs for the side markers and have them come on when i put the parking lights or head lights on. know what i mean? if i could get instructions, i would take some pics and post them for a DIY, but i just don't know what to do with the wires. thanks for your help.

ephatch member
    I am not sure how to do this either, but I am sure it is pretty easy... I would like to do this as well...

Josh

ephatch member

good ?

Thats a good question, i was wondering the same thing, but im scared to get into and try it and F**k up my brand new si. if anyone has any ideas, i'd like to do it too! thanks:D

You're talking about the markers on the front fenders, between the wheel well & the door?

Personally, I wouldn't change their function, since they're extra blinkers for the turn signals. If I try changing lanes without seeing a car in my blind spot, it would be better for them to easily see my signal and either scoot out of the way or honk at my stupid ass.

Thumbs up

Originally posted by BarracksSi
    You're talking about the markers on the front fenders, between the wheel well & the door?

Personally, I wouldn't change their function, since they're extra blinkers for the turn signals. If I try changing lanes without seeing a car in my blind spot, it would be better for them to easily see my signal and either scoot out of the way or honk at my stupid ass.
    so true

I agree with leaving it as a blinker, besides, IMO.

Let it be functional.

I havent even bothered to look on the outside of my EP yet with the engine and lights on --- but on my old DX the blinkers I installed had two modes --- one low level on state when the headlights were on --- and one brighter blinking state when the blinker was on... all I did was wire them to the blinker lead.

looked sweet and remained functional ...
    02 nbp/milano red ep3
    e85 powered
    k24a2 w/ boost
    408 at 10psi
    first and only owner
    jdm ep3r exterior
    woot.

www.corsportusa.com | Only the best.

Originally posted by BarracksSi

sorry, i meant to keep them as blinkers when i use my turn signals, but when the signals are off and the lights are on, then they stay on, functioning as a light and a signal. my friend's 99EX has his (aftermarket, of course) sidemarkers wired in a similar fashion. that's where i got the idea.

I think you'd have to worry about them melting as well. My buddy did this to his car and the side marker housing melted.

creator of ephatch DownTheHatch's Avatar
    It's super easy, just take your side marker out, and reverse the white and black wire white>black black>white

This make the sidemarker come on with the headlights and when you signal it blinks the indicator off and back on again.

i-WERKS is absoultely right, the housing will melt, this is why you will need to buy some LED wedge bulbs, you can get them on ebay or autodynamic.com. The LED bulbs run with almost no heat but are super bright.

cool, thanks, i'll try this and post pics when i do.

ephatch member
    Are you talking about these??

Click Here
    Thanks

sweet, thanks a lot. i'm assuming those are the bulbs that fit the sidemarkers? i'm gonna check just to make sure, but i'm ordering them...

ephatch member
    I bought some from autozone that look just like those so I am pretty sure those are them.. Let me know how it works I want to do the same..

I didn't know about the dim/blink function. That would work, and sounds interesting.

Let us know whether you get the single LED or the 4 LED light, and how well it works & looks. Pics, too, would be neat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information