Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by willy_akino View Post
    i just replaced all my O-rings on my injectors and everything is snug and good.
    I was talking about the injector clips and wires... try a local salvage yard, atarco motors, or online for decent priced IVAC. Hope everything works out for you

go into KPRO and disable your IACV- see if that helps before spending the cash on a new IACV. if you are running rich- then it is most likely not an injector issue but a spark issue. i would replace the plugs with NGK or DENSO with a cold rating of 8- try moving the coil packs around as well. if you want to check your injectors to be sure-

an easy way to test your injectors is to press down a little bit on the injector clip while the engine is running- you should be able to feel the clicks of the injector working.

Quote Originally Posted by differentK View Post
    go into KPRO and disable your IACV- see if that helps before spending the cash on a new IACV. if you are running rich- then it is most likely not an injector issue but a spark issue. i would replace the plugs with NGK or DENSO with a cold rating of 8- try moving the coil packs around as well. if you want to check your injectors to be sure-

an easy way to test your injectors is to press down a little bit on the injector clip while the engine is running- you should be able to feel the clicks of the injector working.
    My injector clips and wires are fine, nothing loose. Also i just changed my spark plugs with IK22 and i switched the plugs around. ill try to disable the IACV with kpro

what cold rating is the IK22? if your plugs are new and your injectors are good it might be your tune. i would also test your battery just to be sure- ive seen a bad battery mess with the ECU and cause headaches like misfires. at this point- if you have checked injectors, changed plugs, checked coils, checked 02 sensor, and inspected your harness for cuts/ damage... i would say its more than likely your tune- a datalogg sent to your tuner capturing the misfire would probably be your best next step.

QQQQQQQ how you doin man? long time no hear. how is the army treatin you out there. hope your safe. hit me up

sorry to potentially thread jack, but mine has the exact same idle issues. bouncing idle and hanging up around 1800-2000 when slowing down. these issues only started when I changed pulley, injectors, plugs and tune. the hanging idle I can understand due to larger injectors but I'm pretty sure the bouncing idle is a tune problem since it's just a base tune for my mods. like I said, the idle was perfectly fine prior to switching those things so I would assume TB, IACV, etc are fine.

If the idle is bouncing up and down you have a vacuum leak somewhere. Check everything as stated above around the TB. Also, make sure to check the o-ring seals on the injectors. I always had a hard fight with the injectors seating properly into the intake manifold. The o-rings do wear out as well and require replacement. If you replace them, make sure that you get the ones that are rated for high temps. Ensure also that the injectors are not worn out. If you have been running the 3.8" pulley for a long time and tuned with K-Pro, that means your injectors have been running at at least 85-95% duty cycle. Anything above 80% is going to put faster wear and tear on the injectors.

I've had roughly the same problems and cleaned my IACV lately...

the vacuum leak is most likely contributed to a few different things with your IACV housing...

1. replace IACV gasket and O-ring that fits between the housing and IACV motor housing.

2. you probably have some corrosion on the housing and throttle body housing surfaces, use some wd40 and some fine 400+ grit sand paper and smooth the contact surfaces until it's nice and smooth again.

that should fix your vacuum leak.

as for the misfire... how long have you had the kpro tune?... if it's been awhile try uploading the same KAL over again...If I remember right temperature compensation in the kpros are really touchy and can throw your tune off over time........ don't quote me on that it's been awhile since I've played with my ep3. I'm in the middle of getting mine ready to sell and need to fix the same issues. (and all I have these days is a mac, So I haven't got to get into my kpro for awhile)

finally........do the idle relearn procedure.

Willie I have a fairly new IAVC that I bought as a spare a year ago. It's been siting in my tool box in a sealed box. Let me know. Throw me an offer. 619-962-8055

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information