Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Issue with my JRSC.

So I've had my jrsc for awhile now and a few month back my car started throwing CEL every time i hit boost. The CEL is throwing that cylinder #2 is misfiring and my car is running to rich. I checked all my spark plugs and switch them around , nothing its still throwing CEL. i also did a compression test and all the cylinder were fine. the last thing im thinking about checking out is the injectors. maybe i should switch them around?

Also my idle is never smooth, my idle on a cold start is 1,800 rpm then drops to regular idle, but when i start to slow down and shift my gears into neutral my idle hits around 1,800 rpm and goes back down to regular idle when i make a complete stop. and sometimes when i'm at a stop light my idle would shoot up to 1,300-1,500 rpm then go back down to regular idle.

I tried looking for leaks around my engine using the carb cleaner method but nothing all my bolts are tight and everything seems secure. Anyone have any input into what is going on with my car?

heres my mods

jrsc 3.8
    dcrh
    magnaflow exhaust
    cai
    esmm

Try cleaning your IACV, that might be the culprit for the idle issue.

For the misfire, try switching a coil pack. What are you tuned on? I'm guessing the powercard since you didnt mention kpro?

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rd02SiR View Post
    Try cleaning your IACV, that might be the culprit for the idle issue.

For the misfire, try switching a coil pack. What are you tuned on? I'm guessing the powercard since you didnt mention kpro?
    He posted he's running the 3.8 pulley in his original post. No way he's running the power card or that engine would go kaboom

sry yeah im running kpro. i switches my coilpacks already and it still doing the same. whats is funny is that the misfire sounds really small, like small popping sound but no banging noise. i remember i clean the IAVC before i installed the jrsc which was over a year ago but ill double check.
    Last edited by willy_akino; 09-16-2012 at 03:54 AM.

so while i was working on my throttle body i found these two unplugged. were these suppose to be plugged in?

Quote Originally Posted by willy_akino View Post
    so while i was working on my throttle body i found these two unplugged. were these suppose to be plugged in?
    Pretty sure they are the coolant ports for the throttle body, I wouldn't bypass those however someone else may have more to say on that point. If your plugs aren't fouled and your coil packs check out perhaps check your injector is seated/o-rings properly. Assuming your using 440cc check your connector clips any wire connections to the clips. Good luck, let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by MR.Pizza View Post
    Pretty sure they are the coolant ports for the throttle body, I wouldn't bypass those however someone else may have more to say on that point. If your plugs aren't fouled and your coil packs check out perhaps check your injector is seated/o-rings properly. Assuming your using 440cc check your connector clips any wire connections to the clips. Good luck, let us know.
    so here is a update. i decided to check out the IACV and took off the throttle body. decided to clean it and notice one of the screws were kinda loose on the IACV so i tighten it. then when i installed the throttle body back my idle was going crazy bouncing back and forth from 1,200-2,100 rpm. it never did that before until i took off the throttle body and clean it up( the sensors were good, i didnt get anything in it while i was cleaning it). i even posted a video on the facebook page of ephatch and everyone is telling me to replace the IAVC and or the MAP sensor.

try doing an idle relearn after the IACV cleaning. Did you reuse the paper gasket? Maybe it's a bit torn? Do a vacuume leak test again, focusing on the TB gasket area.

I'm pretty sure cyl #2 runs the hottest, IIRC. You can go into kpro and ttry adding 3% fuel to that one cylinder.

you can diagnose your idle issue by turning off the idle assist valve sensor in kpro... its under the idle tab. those 2 ports under the TB are coolant ports for assisting in cold start up- essentially what your IACV is there for. you might just need to try an idle re-learn after cleaning.

your misfire can be a couple of things- the plugs may be going bad as well as a coil pack or injector. are you using the RC440s? are you using adapter clips (plug n play) or did you splice/ solder them into your harness?

Quote Originally Posted by differentK View Post
    you can diagnose your idle issue by turning off the idle assist valve sensor in kpro... its under the idle tab. those 2 ports under the TB are coolant ports for assisting in cold start up- essentially what your IACV is there for. you might just need to try an idle re-learn after cleaning.

your misfire can be a couple of things- the plugs may be going bad as well as a coil pack or injector. are you using the RC440s? are you using adapter clips (plug n play) or did you splice/ solder them into your harness?
    good question!! i'm using precious 750cc i got it with the jrsc, and i splice/solder the injector clips. do u think that could be the problem?

if you soldered them in then probably not. does it misfire all the time or randomly? how do you know it is running rich? have you datalogged it with kpro?

try moving your coil packs around- see if the misfire changes cylinders. check your plugs again- if your running as rich as you think- one of your plugs should be pretty black with caked fuel. are you running colder plugs or stock? i would also check your primary O2 sensor- if it is really dirty i would go as far as to replace it- especially if it is also pretty old. you should also speak with your tuner- they might be able to take a look at your datalogg and tell you exactly where your going bad.

misfires suck- i just got finished troubleshooting one on mine as well- turned out to be 2 defective plug n play clips.

Quote Originally Posted by differentK View Post
    if you soldered them in then probably not. does it misfire all the time or randomly? how do you know it is running rich? have you datalogged it with kpro?

try moving your coil packs around- see if the misfire changes cylinders. check your plugs again- if your running as rich as you think- one of your plugs should be pretty black with caked fuel. are you running colder plugs or stock? i would also check your primary O2 sensor- if it is really dirty i would go as far as to replace it- especially if it is also pretty old. you should also speak with your tuner- they might be able to take a look at your datalogg and tell you exactly where your going bad.

misfires suck- i just got finished troubleshooting one on mine as well- turned out to be 2 defective plug n play clips.
    alright so i switched up all the coilpacks and spark plugs and it is still saying misfire on cylinder #2, i remember a CEL pop up saying i was running too rich, i havent checked the o2 sensor yet but i replace it about a year ago. i will also get my car retuned once i weld a stock muffler on. Ill ask my tuner some question.

thank alot man for all your help

HOLA,

check your injector clips and all the wires running to your injectors just to make sure none of the clips, or wires are loose to the injector. If everything is good and snug try swapping in another set of injetors to see if it might be your current injectors going bad.

My buddy just went through this prob as well and he found out it was a loose fitting in the injector clip.

Quote Originally Posted by 1GR8EP3 View Post
    HOLA,

check your injector clips and all the wires running to your injectors just to make sure none of the clips, or wires are loose to the injector. If everything is good and snug try swapping in another set of injetors to see if it might be your current injectors going bad.

My buddy just went through this prob as well and he found out it was a loose fitting in the injector clip.
    i just replaced all my O-rings on my injectors and everything is snug and good.

*UPDATE* so i took off the throttle body off again and removed the IACV, clean it up with carb cleaner and resealed it. Also put in a new throttle body gasket and my revs are still bouncing. I guess i have to get a new IACV =[. does anyone know where i can find one with a good deal? brand new IVAC will cost me around 200$ from honda >.< anyone have a used one they dont need?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information