Close

Bridging/Sub Output info needed.

Hey all, I am currently running a 4 channel 400W fosgate amp in my car, and dont want a seperate sub amp because of space issues. My current wiring goes as follows:, 2 channels used on front door speakers (L&R), I plan on bridging the other 2 to push a 10" sub.

My question: As it is wired now, my rca's are wired to the headunit in the FRONT(L&R) and REAR(L&R) and to the amp the same way. My headunit which has many different setups that I can control the sub with has a SINGLE RCA SUBWOOFER output.

Should I wire One RCA to the sub out? Should I get a splitter (Y connector) and convert the 2 rca's that go to the headunit to one in the back of the unit?

Any help much appreciated.

Jared

Are you planning on just using 2 channels on the front speakers and powering the rear speakers off the deck? Then using the two rear channels bridged to power the sub? If that is the case then you should just switch the rear output on your deck as a sub out then bridge the two rear channels to one output and set the amp for the two rear channels to low pass. That should put 200rms to the sub at 2 ohms. Usually fosgate 4 channel ams are 2 ohm stable at 100rms per channel.

Thread Information