Close

K20a3, RH, etc. dyno numbers. Issue with torque

Alright guys, I ran my car on two different dynos. One was a mustang dyno and one was a dynojet and I hit 191.4 WHP all motor but had a serous drop in torque on the highend. They both rose until around 5300 rpms and then the HP keeps going up but the torque drops. Any idea of why this would happen? Right now my set up base k20a3, Skunk2 RH, hondata IMG, custom exhaust, AEM CAI, weapon-r catch can, Kpro with a base tune from a member on here, and a few etc mods.

Also the mustang dyno ran me right at 172 but the dynojet ran me at 191.4 so idk, I'll gladly take the 191.4 haha.

Since horsepower is a function of torque, you cannot mathematically have hp shoot up and torque drop off sharp at the same time. Now, because of the relationship of torque and horsepower, the curves will cross over at 5252 rpm. I'm willing to bet nothing is wrong. 191 seems optimistic for a bolt-on a3, though.

When you say custom exhaust, we need the pipng size. Overall that's some decent numbers. I would go with the mustang numbers. Mustang dynos always read lower, but it just sounds badass when you say you dyno'd on a mustang dyno haha

My exhaust is 2.5 in all the way. I'm trying to post up the chart from the mustang dyno cause it was really weird but my comp and my phone are being gay and not wanting to post it. I'll get it up as soon as a I can so maybe ya'll can tell me what's up with it.
    Last edited by skep18; 04-09-2009 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gribly View Post
    Since horsepower is a function of torque, you cannot mathematically have hp shoot up and torque drop off sharp at the same time. Now, because of the relationship of torque and horsepower, the curves will cross over at 5252 rpm. I'm willing to bet nothing is wrong. 191 seems optimistic for a bolt-on a3, though.
    What gribly said is true horspower and torque will cross at 5252rpm, thats when torque will start to drop and horspower will continue to rise. Check out this article from HotRod, I really like this mag because they cover alot of technicals on a motor. And a motor is a motor wether its a IL4, V6, Flat4, V8, so on and so forth. Anywho read it and you will find your answer.
    http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/h...e/viewall.html

Thats a shit ton better then my numbers I was dynoed on the mustang dyno and got 163hp and 138ftlbs. I have kiddracing race header apexi noir catback and injen cold air intake with kpro. I say take em and run haha

damn those are high number. I dynoed at 160whp 130tq with dcrh, cai, magnaflow exhaust, kpro with tune.

post up the graph so we can see correction method and how sharp the tq falls off. we can guess all day but without an actual graph theres no telling how/why you got your numbers.

Thread Information