Close

Aftermarket head unit options with amber back-lighting

So I guess this would be audio related enough.
    I am looking to replace the stock head unit in my 2002 SI with orange/amber back lighting with something that also has the same Amber back lighting.
    Call me strange but I don't really like flashy stuff in the inside or outside of my car. I would rather just keep my oem unit but I am installing a RSX bose set up and need to put a bit more power to the speakers and sub, this would be easier with an aftermarket unit. I am just looking for something that has a CD player and aux input, ipod/iphone Hook ups would be a great bonus.
    I really am not up to date with current head units or options, I have been through best buy and crutchfield and found so far only one option that has what I am looking for.
    The Unit I found was the Alpine CDE-103BT, it has Iphone/Ipod hook ups and usb along with blue tooth. ( I am mostly posting to get others opinions of head-units you guys have and what you think of them, After all the amber back ground thing will prob be something I can find out easier from owners rather then searching for pics ect.

Thanks ahead of time for any info you can supply. I searched around here and honda tech but did not find much.

So my understanding is that you want a deck/head unit with the same amber/orange lighting on it like the gauges and accessories do in our Si’s correct? Good luck, I wanted the same thing for the longest time till I just settled with an alpine deck/head unit. Everything in the market seems to be blue/red from what I have seen and searched a while back at least updated wise goes with nice features. Green and orange I think are the older models. What I ended up doing is getting the alpine deck with totally different colors (blue/red) and just dimmed the orange gauges in our car to the lowest setting.

A lot of head units I've seen recently allow you to change the color. I've even seen those head units at Walmart. Shouldn't go for that much either. $120-180 and then just install yourself :) Hope this helps if not next time I'm at Walmart I'll take a couple of pics for you...

Quote Originally Posted by 1st View Post
    So my understanding is that you want a deck/head unit with the same amber/orange lighting on it like the gauges and accessories do in our Si’s correct? Good luck, I wanted the same thing for the longest time till I just settled with an alpine deck/head unit. Everything in the market seems to be blue/red from what I have seen and searched a while back at least updated wise goes with nice features. Green and orange I think are the older models. What I ended up doing is getting the alpine deck with totally different colors (blue/red) and just dimmed the orange gauges in our car to the lowest setting.
    Quote Originally Posted by el_puncho View Post
    A lot of head units I've seen recently allow you to change the color. I've even seen those head units at Walmart. Shouldn't go for that much either. $120-180 and then just install yourself :) Hope this helps if not next time I'm at Walmart I'll take a couple of pics for you...
    Yea I am really just looking for something that matches, and maybe solid colored one not a chromed out one like most seem to be, that or have bright random colors in them that can be very annoying when driving at night. Ill have to check walmart, never really thought to look there but they do always have that shelf thing with all there head units on it. Thanks for the replies guys, if I come across a good match Ill take some install shots and list the info.

If you don't find anything you like, I have an IPOD integration kit I'm taking off the car. It plugs into the CD changer port and charges/plays your IPOD content. I know you're looking for something that will allow you to run a sub but just some food for thought...

i have a kenwood x595 and it has 18 colors you can choose from and even an option to make a cusom color adjusting the red /green/blue levels, controls ipod and has 3 sets of 4v pre amp outs so you could add amps for front rear and sub if you want to upgrade at any time,

Hey I got a jvc unit with USB and aux. it has different color options and it has a dark orange that matches it almost perfectly. I hate the bright lights from aftermarket decks. It looks tacky. I love this deck though cuz it goes with the color theme in my car even though it isn't the greatest deck. Ill try to post a pic later.

Thread Information