Close

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Turbo build .. the journey continues

Hows it going peeps,

Well I thought I would go ahead and start a thread to help keep me on track with my current build. I am currently deployed in Afcrackistan so the process will be a little slow till I get home in 4 months ( man the days cant go by fast enough), so bear with me. I have a buddy of mine who is going to store my parts for me and help me out with little things that I might need done before I get home (thanks D). I will have him send pics of the parts I get to help with the documentation. When I get home I will try and get a more pics of the step by step process to help anyone who might have questions or someone who is doing a similar build. I plan on taking my time and doing it right this time as I have a little history with Boo I finally know how I want her and how I want her to run.

A little history about Boo, I purchased her in December of 2003 and once I installed a CAI I was hooked and its been all down hill from there. Some of the setups I have had include .... full bolt on a3 w/ skunk2 stg1 cams, k20/k24 frank swap, k20/k24 frank boosted (melted a piston), a3 turbo (254whp on 91), k24a1 boosted (320whp), k24a1 w/vtec killer (220whp), k24a1 w/vtec killer boosted (407whp on 100oct).

On my last set up the rings were starting to go, so after that 407whp pull she started having major blow by. I took to the track anyways since it was going to be my last time before I left so if she let go o well haha. she ended up running a 12.7 while loosing boost (she held 19psi on the dyno, at the track she was only getting up to 14psi). So now after throwing so many set-ups around I finally have it down haha. So here we are, below I have my parts list and I some pics of how she sits till I get home. Enjoy and I look forward to starting this new set-up

Parts being purchased through the next 4 months...

04' K24a2
    - Type S oil pump
    - OEM head gasket
    - ARP Headstuds
    - Type S head w/ 06 Si intake cam and 04 tsx exhaust cam

Turbo Set-up
    - OBX Top mount & DP =Purchased 10/15
    - Just-Intercoolers 23x11x3 (vertical flow Intercooler)=Purchased 12/28
    - Tial MVR wg44mm w/9psi spring=Purchased 12/29
    - HKS SSQV 4 BOV=Purchased 12/28
    - 2.5in universal intercooler piping kit (ebay special) My buddy will help me fab these up*=Purchased 12/28
    - Precision 66mm Turbo 6665E v-band .82 A/R =Purchased 12/15

Supporting Mods
    - DeatschWerks 300lph = Purchased 12/18
    - Type S SPEC Stg3+ Clutch kit = Purchased 11/28
    - K-tuned Fuel rail w/ efi fittings, fuel pressure guage, and Idle air assist delete kit = Purchased 11/21
    - K-tuned FPR w/fiitings = Purchased 12/18
    - DeastchWerks fuel pump relay kit
    - Blox Spherical front LCA kit= Purchased 12/18
    - Blox Subframe collar kit= Purchased 12/18
    - Karcepts A/C & P/S removal kit=Purchased 12/28
    - AEM Oil Pressure Guage=Purchased 12/28

Parts currently on the car
    - DW 1000cc injectors
    - Hondata 4 bar map sensor
    - Hondata boost control solenoid
    - Golden Eagle Vacuum block
    - AEM UEGO AFR guage
    - Kpro
    - OBX lsd
    - RBC mani

Pics of how she sits at home waiting for me

Pictures from my last set-up

Last edited by 1GR8EP3; 07-29-2013 at 08:29 PM.

Thread Information