Close

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 1GR8EP3 View Post
    I dont have your number...

Nice man, you will def enjoy it unfortunately mine had a freak accident...

went out one night to go have some fun and I think I stretched a wrist pin. It happened during deceleration because my timing chain tensioner failed, long story short I am in the process of pulling the motor and finding out what really happened inside the long block. Because after changing the tensioner and fixed the timing we had a knock. Pulled off the pan and inspected the rod caps, everything looked great and their was no play in the crank at all. Started it up and had good oil pressure 80-90psi. So I will keep you posted on what it was but were pretty sure it is a stretched wrist pin. Man the things we do for power haha
    I think i might have done the same thing, i have knock but full oil, happened after a pull. haven't pulled the block. I'll pm you my number dude. I could use a hand with this one....

Quote Originally Posted by monjarassi View Post
    Dang similar to what happened to my last motor

freaking tct.
    Seriously man... I was so upset when we finally narrowed it down to what the problem is. I have something in the works too ;)

Quote Originally Posted by AKEP View Post
    I think i might have done the same thing, i have knock but full oil, happened after a pull. haven't pulled the block. I'll pm you my number dude. I could use a hand with this one....
    I hear ya, sucks but at least its build season haha... I would help ya but I have been burned by a couple peeps,so I dont help out anymore sorry man. If you have questions im more than happy to try and answer.

Sup Q! Hows the EP coming along? Any new good updates with Boo? Did you ever narrowed it down to if it was the wrist pin?
    Last edited by playap07; 02-04-2014 at 05:22 PM. Reason: mo info

Sup Playa,

it wasnt the wrist pin, it was a combination of the tct going out and the timing chain gear. The dowel on the timing/oil pump gear broke off so the knocking sound was the pistons tapping the exhaust valves. Luckily it wasnt a catastrophic failure but it was enough to tear it all apart to find out the problem haha.

This past week I got my pistons back from swain tech, i will post some pics up in a bit.

Im in the process of moving so I wont put everything back together till next month.

Sup Playa,

it wasnt the wrist pin, it was a combination of the tct going out and the timing chain gear. The dowel on the timing/oil pump gear broke off so the knocking sound was the pistons tapping the exhaust valves. Luckily it wasnt a catastrophic failure but it was enough to tear it all apart to find out the problem haha.

This past week I got my pistons back from swain tech, i will post some pics up in a bit.

Im in the process of moving so I wont put everything back together till next month.

Yike, yea glad it wasn't that catastrophic where you need a new motor! That def sucks. Hopefully boo will be back on the streets by maybe end of march??

Good luck with moving bro! It seems like everyone is moving these day!

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Reading to many fails like this. I'm using my tax money to replace the guides chain and tct this yr. I passed on it last year but not worth a catastrophic failure.

Quote Originally Posted by playap07 View Post
    Yike, yea glad it wasn't that catastrophic where you need a new motor! That def sucks. Hopefully boo will be back on the streets by maybe end of march??

Good luck with moving bro! It seems like everyone is moving these day!
    Yeah very lucky, she will be up by the end of march or earlier. Moving sucks but it will save money in the long run

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    Reading to many fails like this. I'm using my tax money to replace the guides chain and tct this yr. I passed on it last year but not worth a catastrophic failure.
    If you want a warm and fuzzy just upgrade the tct, the chains and guides should be fine. It just sucked for me because the car was only up for 3 months ugh.... then i had to tear it all apart AGAIN, smh.

I was gona do an rsx-s tct, 06 si upper chain guide , HPT lower chain guide and a new chain

I know i was told i was paranoid when i said this years ago but... im a firm believer in a new TCT every 30k miles. Its too easy NOT to change it out. Even if the ratcheting assy isnt chewed up that bad... still... its far cheaper than a tear down and/or rebuild.

Im at 32k miles on my build... time for new TCT and timing chain as well. We beat on these bitches too hard too much to follow OEM maintenance schedules...

Very true man... I just bought a new one for this build so I will keep that 30k in mind

Very true man... I just bought a new one for this build so I will keep that 30k in mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    I know i was told i was paranoid when i said this years ago but... im a firm believer in a new TCT every 30k miles. Its too easy NOT to change it out. Even if the ratcheting assy isnt chewed up that bad... still... its far cheaper than a tear down and/or rebuild.

Im at 32k miles on my build... time for new TCT and timing chain as well. We beat on these bitches too hard too much to follow OEM maintenance schedules...
    I bought this piece last year for this EXACT reason! No more Hondabond/RTV for me, super easy 5 minute replacement!

For 53 bucks it's worth it

I do like that.... i think i will have to invest in one, just sucks if because it cant be seen haha

I got these back from swaintech about three weeks ago but between moving and training it has been a little tough to do anything to the car. Now things are finally starting to smooth out so I thought I would finally get cracking and get my baby back up and ready again.

so here are a couple pics to start off the reassembly...

more to come soon

updates!!

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information