Close

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    In on this... im soakin up all the info i can! ; )

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    In on this... im soakin up all the info i can! ; )
    Sup BA! You thinking about going boost soon? Right now I am just getting the savings right before ordering anymore parts.. I dont want to dig into the savings to finish this project. Tonight I am going to give my buddy a call and see if my pistons came in yet.

Sup Q! Yah im lookin at my first turbo'd k setup. The EJ needs another 100 horses and im ready for it, and the learing curve. : )

Sup Q! Yah im lookin at my first turbo'd k setup. The EJ needs another 100 horses and im ready for it, and the learing curve. : )
    O snap! yeah an extra 100hp will be easy to make on a boosted k... 300-350 will put you into the low 12's high 11s mark in the 1320. I hope you put up a build thread as well.

wad up brah! Im digging your set up. I plan on doing the same except for keeping the block stock and see what a twin scroll turbo and manifold can do to the k24a1. I been thinking about experimenting with an internal wastegate set up also.

How much boost are you going to try and run on yours?

Quote Originally Posted by 1GR8EP3 View Post
    O snap! yeah an extra 100hp will be easy to make on a boosted k... 300-350 will put you into the low 12's high 11s mark in the 1320. I hope you put up a build thread as well.
    Cha... im pouring over what else i need to finish the setup... and to have boost by gear. Its quite a bit to absorb...

Quote Originally Posted by playap07 View Post
    wad up brah! Im digging your set up. I plan on doing the same except for keeping the block stock and see what a twin scroll turbo and manifold can do to the k24a1. I been thinking about experimenting with an internal wastegate set up also.

How much boost are you going to try and run on yours?
    I wanted to keep the block stock but I figure since I plan on hitting more events in 2013 I wanted the block to be a little more reliable. Yet I do enjoy driving it on the weekends so thats why I went with the tsx piston coated.
    A twinscroll is for big power, you should be fine with a regular sidewinder. Those will easily get you in the 600s with the right sized turbo.

Cha... im pouring over what else i need to finish the setup... and to have boost by gear. Its quite a bit to absorb...
    If you bugeting I would recomend the ebay intercooler piping set then cut and size them up to what you need then have a shop weld them together unless you know how to do it. They also have some nice intercooler on there as well, going through ebay for certain things can save you money but still get you the performance you are looking for.

Boost by gear is pretty damn awesome once you get it dialed in... advice on that is dont skimp on the wastegate. On this set up I am going to get the Turbosmart Hyerpgate 45mm.

As soon as I get out of this place I will put more pics up of the whole process. I plan on getting as much pics as I can of this build. But if you have any questions I am nothing but a click away haha.

Nice! I can't wait to see it finished.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerBallZ View Post
    Nice! I can't wait to see it finished.
    Sup Tiger... I cant wat either man, I am out here and just have all these ideas in my head and I feel like I am going mad haha. Its just no one out here that I know can relate to this kind of stuff.

On a side note man do you know how much stuff pops up if you google TigerBall haha Congrats on the publicity man you built a hell of car.

If you bugeting I would recomend the ebay intercooler piping set then cut and size them up to what you need then have a shop weld them together unless you know how to do it. They also have some nice intercooler on there as well, going through ebay for certain things can save you money but still get you the performance you are looking for.

Boost by gear is pretty damn awesome once you get it dialed in... advice on that is dont skimp on the wastegate. On this set up I am going to get the Turbosmart Hyerpgate 45mm.
    Ill definitely be picking yalls brains as i fenagle my way through this.

I wanna do BBG since i have the ITR trans... although i may end up crackin the trans open and droppin in a 4.3FD to help out since i can already induce wheelspin through 4th.

I havent had a chance to pull the bumper cover off to get an idea of what IC im gonna run... although since ive already removed the center of the core support... i should have room to run pretty much anything. I just gotta get an idea of what i want, and what will minimize charge pipe length. Other than that i started a `needs` list. Whats so special about the Hypergate 45mm? I think the mani i want is gated for 38mm...

I wanna do BBG since i have the ITR trans... although i may end up crackin the trans open and droppin in a 4.3FD to help out since i can already induce wheelspin through 4th.

I havent had a chance to pull the bumper cover off to get an idea of what IC im gonna run... although since ive already removed the center of the core support... i should have room to run pretty much anything. I just gotta get an idea of what i want, and what will minimize charge pipe length. Other than that i started a `needs` list. Whats so special about the Hypergate 45mm? I think the mani i want is gated for 38mm...
    Yeah a 4.3fd would def help you with traction and help you pull through the gears. 4th gear wheelspin N/A that is nasty my dude haha. Also another thing to look at is a pair of drag radials for fun nights or track days. BBG is def a life saver you will see when you start messing with it... I will try to get a video of how my buddy does it that way it will help explain.

The hypergate 45mm is a little smaller than the 38mm wg but flows so much more. The reason is I will be able to run a lighter spring, like a 7lb spring and not have to worry about boost creep when I am setting up the BBG. Now if the manifold is is built well then you will be fine with a 38mm WG as tial makes some good stuff.

A good example are the guys who run the full-race mani's that come with a good size turbo (t3/t4, 60-1, etc) that the 44mm WG can control but when they start going bigger some opt for the 60mm WG so it will open up faster and prevent creep on the top end.

Hope that helped ya my dude.

BA here are a couple links to show you how cheap the piping kits are... You know me If I can budget where I can is game time lol.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-5-inch-Uni...sories&vxp=mtr
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-inch-Unive...sories&vxp=mtr

Intercoolers
    Sleeper look haha
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNIVERSAL-27...sories&vxp=mtr
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNIVERSAL-27...sories&vxp=mtr

You can keep searching and more and more will pop up just depends on the HP goal and how much you want to spend.

Cool

Sup Tiger... I cant wat either man, I am out here and just have all these ideas in my head and I feel like I am going mad haha. Its just no one out here that I know can relate to this kind of stuff.

On a side note man do you know how much stuff pops up if you google TigerBall haha Congrats on the publicity man you built a hell of car.
    I wouldn't over think anything with these motors unless you have unlimited funds. Less is more definitely applies to our cars.
    I haven't tried googling my username, but that's good to know haha. Thank you Sir and thank you for your service to our country.

I personally don't like the thought of a stock 6spd trans with boost. I was able to get traction with the stock EP trans(and with PPG), Wavetrac, & 225 tires, and that's from 40 kicks with or without brake boosting. I also put an Exedy lightweight flywheel when I got the PPG. And speaking of, I haven't used bbg and just leave it on currently 19-20psi. LSD and a good tires will be your friend. If you can find the intercooler with the inlet and outlet on the same side for a good price, that's the one I'd go with, and it's usually vertical flow.

Yeah a 4.3fd would def help you with traction and help you pull through the gears. 4th gear wheelspin N/A that is nasty my dude haha. Also another thing to look at is a pair of drag radials for fun nights or track days. BBG is def a life saver you will see when you start messing with it... I will try to get a video of how my buddy does it that way it will help explain.

A good example are the guys who run the full-race mani's that come with a good size turbo (t3/t4, 60-1, etc) that the 44mm WG can control but when they start going bigger some opt for the 60mm WG so it will open up faster and prevent creep on the top end.
    That's sounds like my setup...60-1 with .82 on the hot side. I do not experience the boost creep up top as some has mentioned. Also if you ask about anything lower than 18psi as far as creep, I wouldn't know because I never set it that low.
    Last edited by TigerBallZ; 11-20-2012 at 09:57 AM.

By the way Ba82Ep3, I got my car tuned at Top Dead Center Performance in Mobile. Hit them up and talk to Mike Amerson. I'm sure he can help guide you in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerBallZ View Post
    Thank you Sir and thank you for your service to our country.

I personally don't like the thought of a stock 6spd trans with boost. I was able to get traction with the stock EP trans(and with PPG), Wavetrac, & 225 tires, and that's from 40 kicks with or without brake boosting. I also put an Exedy lightweight flywheel when I got the PPG. And speaking of, I haven't used bbg and just leave it on currently 19-20psi. LSD and a good tires will be your friend. If you can find the intercooler with the inlet and outlet on the same side for a good price, that's the one I'd go with, and it's usually vertical flow.
    Tiger I really do appreciate that, trust me every soldier likes to hear that the people of this great country support us.

I have a quick question how do you like the ppg trans? I have the 04 type s 6 speed with a obx lsd and I noticed a big difference once I installed the lsd. I might pick up a rsx base trans just in case the 6 speed doesnt work out at the track. The good thing with the base tranny is I can run 23.5 slicks and cross the traps in 4th.

have you put your ep on the 1/4 mile?

Also just ordered a couple goodies from corsport so pics of that coming soon.
    Last edited by 1GR8EP3; 11-20-2012 at 01:08 PM.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information