Close

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    I love the PPG dogbox. I was one of the 1st buyers, and it was nearly half the cost of what it is now.
    I had thought about doing the base's 4.3FD, but I'm glad I kept the EP's 4.7FD. It works well with my setup. You will make more tq, so the 4.3 may work well for you.
    I did run a couple years back. Race gas tune, M&H 7.5x23-15, full interior...a lame 12.1 @125. A couple things to mention about that 1. I don't have enough seat time at the track which means I suck at launching 2. I kept on hitting a lean cut in 1st gear(I should have put it on open loop and raise hell), so a hiccup in 1st pretty much kills a drag race. With good driving and a clean run, low 11s should be possible and perfect conditions may yield a 10.99999 LOL
    There's a brand new set of M&H 8.5x24.5-15 in the garage, and I haven't made it back out to the track. Our closest 1/4 is 2hrs away. If I break down, I'm screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerBallZ View Post
    By the way Ba82Ep3, I got my car tuned at Top Dead Center Performance in Mobile. Hit them up and talk to Mike Amerson. I'm sure he can help guide you in the right direction.
    I found out about that shop recently (down on hiway 90 i think?), from what ive heard he doesnt rent out the dyno. I need to go in and meet him for myself, but ive been tuning my own stuff so long... im hesitant to even think about letting someone else touch my car. lol Were you tuned on KPro? Were you pleased with him and his work? Thanx for any info...

Q... thanx so much! Every little bit will help. You know im one to research before i jump in with both feet. I dont like mistakes, shit costs wayyy to much to rush through things. lol

The ITR trans with LSD is awesome around town... i can cruise in 6th in a 45mph zone and press on the gas to pass someone with no issue. I could actually use a 7th gear for overdrive. lol I know once i add another 100hp though its gonna lead to big traction issues. If i can have a solid 325whp in the worst conditions... then ill be totally happy. Anything more ill need drag radials just to DD the damn thing. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    I found out about that shop recently (down on hiway 90 i think?), from what ive heard he doesnt rent out the dyno. I need to go in and meet him for myself, but ive been tuning my own stuff so long... im hesitant to even think about letting someone else touch my car. lol Were you tuned on KPro? Were you pleased with him and his work? Thanx for any info...

Q... thanx so much! Every little bit will help. You know im one to research before i jump in with both feet. I dont like mistakes, shit costs wayyy to much to rush through things. lol
    It wasn't too far from I-65. He's a nice guy, and I'm very pleased with his work. Mike has always been willing to help with questions and/or fine tuning. Yes K-Pro.
    Man, I'm the same way. I did my research on what worked, so it would be right the 1st time and not buy unnecessary parts. Just make sure the sources are credible. I chatted with Geoff of Full-Race before I bought anything. He was also very helpful and didn't try to upsell me on any parts.

The ITR trans with LSD is awesome around town... i can cruise in 6th in a 45mph zone and press on the gas to pass someone with no issue. I could actually use a 7th gear for overdrive. lol I know once i add another 100hp though its gonna lead to big traction issues. If i can have a solid 325whp in the worst conditions... then ill be totally happy. Anything more ill need drag radials just to DD the damn thing. lol
    Not a problem D anytime. If you do a little more searching on ebay you can find the vertical flow intercoolers for like 120.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerBallZ View Post
    I love the PPG dogbox. I was one of the 1st buyers, and it was nearly half the cost of what it is now.
    I had thought about doing the base's 4.3FD, but I'm glad I kept the EP's 4.7FD. It works well with my setup. You will make more tq, so the 4.3 may work well for you.
    I did run a couple years back. Race gas tune, M&H 7.5x23-15, full interior...a lame 12.1 @125. A couple things to mention about that 1. I don't have enough seat time at the track which means I suck at launching 2. I kept on hitting a lean cut in 1st gear(I should have put it on open loop and raise hell), so a hiccup in 1st pretty much kills a drag race. With good driving and a clean run, low 11s should be possible and perfect conditions may yield a 10.99999 LOL
    There's a brand new set of M&H 8.5x24.5-15 in the garage, and I haven't made it back out to the track. Our closest 1/4 is 2hrs away. If I break down, I'm screwed.
    Tiger that is a high trap speed you def had 11s with a proper launch. Just get more seat time and you can make it into the 10's.

I wont lie usually when I do events its a group of us and a buddy of ours has a big 8 car trailer that we load up on, then we bring extra axles, tranny's, extra set of slicks, and all the tools that way we are never stranded. So I understand where you are coming from especially with the track being two hours away.

Thanx again guys... Ephatch fam holdin it down!

Breakage issues are the biggest reason i never got into 1/4 mile racing. For the most part, keeping your nose clean in circuit racing sends you home in one piece with a smile on your face. While it may seem a little campy, ive always liked this video series...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHlIRZMzbJI

A group of guys with a passion for Hondas getting together for some fun... fueled by that competitive spirit. I hope to do something like this before im too old to enjoy it...

O you know we holds it down haha

Luckily the track is only 45minutes from where I stay but breaking down at the track is not fun. Alot of times breaking something is from improper driving techniques, pre-loading is your friend lol.

I almost got into HPDE but the extra expenses that come with it scared me away... but then again they both cost money to play it just depends on what play ground you want to play on.

I will have to chaeck that video out when I get back to the room.

Have you thought about that new Hondata traction Control. Might help out with that wheel spin. I know im going to add it to my set up and see what that baby can do.

Quote Originally Posted by playap07 View Post
    Have you thought about that new Hondata traction Control. Might help out with that wheel spin. I know im going to add it to my set up and see what that baby can do.
    What up Playa haha, I thought about it but I have the Hondata boost control solenoid to set up boost by gear. On another note I havent really heard to much about it or anybody who has used it yet. Besides 700 for the traction control can go to nice turbo :).

Once I see some more reviews on how it works then maybe I might invest in it, but sometimes in the 1/4 mile you want some of that wheel spin just not alot of it haha.

Ordered the SPEC Stg3+ clutch kit and my k-tuned fuel rail with fittings should be at the house by Friday, so I am looking forward to some pics coming in. I am looking to purchase the turbo next so I will keep updating as much as I can.

Pics of some goodies

Registered User gtimportfanatic's Avatar
    this reminds me of back in like 09 when i used to lurk and see all you boosted guys together talking it up and i thought about going turbo hehe.. Guardian, Welltall, PlayaP, Mitch, MichaelSK and all the others were doing it up! .. glad to see you got back into it. i will be posting a build thread soon but i'm going the extreme opposite with a big K24 build. good luck piecing it back together, i'm sure you can't be rusty

Quote Originally Posted by gtimportfanatic View Post
    this reminds me of back in like 09 when i used to lurk and see all you boosted guys together talking it up and i thought about going turbo hehe.. Guardian, Welltall, PlayaP, Mitch, MichaelSK and all the others were doing it up! .. glad to see you got back into it. i will be posting a build thread soon but i'm going the extreme opposite with a big K24 build. good luck piecing it back together, i'm sure you can't be rusty
    Thanks Man it will take me a little bit to get back into the groove once I get home. I probably wont touch the car for about a week or two once I get home just because of catching up with everyone, spending time with my wife, and things like that.

I look forward to your build thread what kind of numbers you shooting for?

On a side note I just ordered my turbo today , I cant wait to get pics of that once it comes in.

Reasons you decided to go with the SPEC clutch? I wanna try something different this time round...

What turbo didja get?
    Last edited by 0h5ive_EP3; 04-16-2009 at 09:44 PM.

Reasons you decided to go with the SPEC clutch? I wanna try something different this time round...

What turbo didja get?
    I went with SPEC because of the torque they hold while still being a full face plate... and I wanted something that was a little easier for my wife. She enjoyed drving it when it had the k24a1 turbo because of the sounds it made haha, but it also had the Clutchmasters stg3 clutch that engaged like it was stock. The only other option I saw was getting a twin disc setup but I dont really have the dough for something like that.

I havent heard of many people running it on k's so I will keep you posted on how it works out.

The turbo I went with was a Precision 66mm turbo (6665E turbo model), its rated for 700hp so I know it will get me into the 500's. It also has a .82ar exhaust housing with 3'' v-band outlet, easier installtion o yeah haha.

That was my fave part about CM's clutches... very little leg effort required... tons o grip with zero slip. Please do provide feedback.

My doc bills fuct me on the turbo setup i was going to get. So im going to have piece together what i want and its going to take a little longer too. So yah please kick up the info. If you have time to... drop them pix too. Ive got a wild hair up my ass and im ready to go big (from my definition of go big anyways lol) and do something totally different (custom mild steel and coated mandrel bent 2.75 v band exhaust for one).

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information