Close

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    nice selection on clutch. I had the same with mu k24 turbo setup and those things can handle the tq. After the vtec killer setup i sold the clutch/pp combo as is to a local member and he ran it for 9months on his sck24a2 ep3 and it held no issues at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    That was my fave part about CM's clutches... very little leg effort required... tons o grip with zero slip. Please do provide feedback.

My doc bills fuct me on the turbo setup i was going to get. So im going to have piece together what i want and its going to take a little longer too. So yah please kick up the info. If you have time to... drop them pix too. Ive got a wild hair up my ass and im ready to go big (from my definition of go big anyways lol) and do something totally different (custom mild steel and coated mandrel bent 2.75 v band exhaust for one).
    You alright D? You said dic bills so I am hoping everything is ok.

haha you will go big man, the power to weight ratio is rediculous. I am still throwin off on how many axles you have went through, I am over here scratchin my head on that issue. Can you get traction bars for that chassis? I will be sure to post pics and let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by monjarassi View Post
    nice selection on clutch. I had the same with mu k24 turbo setup and those things can handle the tq. After the vtec killer setup i sold the clutch/pp combo as is to a local member and he ran it for 9months on his sck24a2 ep3 and it held no issues at all.
    Thanks monja, its kind of comforting to know someone has ran this clutch... did you get the stg3+ kit? also how was the engagement of the clutch. I hope it takes the abuse, if it can last me a solid two years then I will be a happy camper haha.

Quote Originally Posted by 1GR8EP3 View Post
    You alright D? You said dic bills so I am hoping everything is ok.

haha you will go big man, the power to weight ratio is rediculous. I am still throwin off on how many axles you have went through, I am over here scratchin my head on that issue. Can you get traction bars for that chassis? I will be sure to post pics and let you know.

Thanks monja, its kind of comforting to know someone has ran this clutch... did you get the stg3+ kit? also how was the engagement of the clutch. I hope it takes the abuse, if it can last me a solid two years then I will be a happy camper haha.
    The engagement is pretty good. The pedal feel is not too hard either. I had the stg3 kit yes.

Thats what I am talking about haha... Thanks for the review monja

Registered User gtimportfanatic's Avatar
    Thanks Man it will take me a little bit to get back into the groove once I get home. I probably wont touch the car for about a week or two once I get home just because of catching up with everyone, spending time with my wife, and things like that.

I look forward to your build thread what kind of numbers you shooting for?

On a side note I just ordered my turbo today , I cant wait to get pics of that once it comes in.
    i would be happy with 280 on pump gas, i want over 300 if i ever do E85 or racegas

Thats what I am talking about haha... Thanks for the review monja
    i run a comp4 on my Z1 and i plan on doing the same with the big motor.. they def arent bad on a daily

Quote Originally Posted by gtimportfanatic View Post
    i would be happy with 280 on pump gas, i want over 300 if i ever do E85 or racegas
    Nice numbers to be shooting for.... Now is this all motor???

Quote Originally Posted by gtimportfanatic View Post
    i run a comp4 on my Z1 and i plan on doing the same with the big motor.. they def arent bad on a daily
    I actually have a CompClutch presure late combined with a clutchnet 6 puck sprung, I like it but the engagement is something my wife doesnt like haha. I like my wife to enjoy the car too thats why I am changing the clutch out.

I beat on that clutch combo and it has never slipped even after I pre-loaded it.

My woman stalled it twice in the driveway squealin the tires and leaving black marks each time. LOL The clutch has gotta have that grip tho. Need it for no slip gear to gear bangin!

I think one reason ive lost axles is because my bushings need replacement throughout the car. Just one of those things i havent gotten to yet.
    Last edited by 04EP3Hatch; 06-25-2009 at 03:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    My woman stalled it twice in the driveway squealin the tires and leaving black marks each time. LOL The clutch has gotta have that grip tho. Need it for no slip gear to gear bangin!

I think one reason ive lost axles is because my bushings need replacement throughout the car. Just one of those things i havent gotten to yet.
    LOL Thats funny... My wife is pretty good she just doesnt like all the effort that goes into slipping the clutch, but she did stall it a couple times hahaha.

Yeah D I would look into those bushings, they would of paid for themselves by now haha

What flywheel you using with that clutch set up?

Quote Originally Posted by playap07 View Post
    What flywheel you using with that clutch set up?
    Just a stock type s flywheel

Nice numbers to be shooting for.... Now is this all motor???

I actually have a CompClutch presure late combined with a clutchnet 6 puck sprung, I like it but the engagement is something my wife doesnt like haha. I like my wife to enjoy the car too thats why I am changing the clutch out.

I beat on that clutch combo and it has never slipped even after I pre-loaded it.
    yeah it will be all motor .. clutch setup is def tits, and thank god i don't have the wife problem, she refuses to sit in the driver seat of my car lol (sparco bucket, aftermarket wheel, clutch being aggresive) .. the only time i had issues with the clutch was after pass number 14-17 on a track day recently where i started hotlapping lol

Believe me my wife isnt a problem, shes my biggest sponsor . After 14-17 passes hell I would expect that thing to get a tad hot lol.

Update: My buddy sent me an email stating that the tsx pistons were on back order, the dealership is just waiting for one more piston and ring set then they will send it out to me. The expected arrival date for it is March 3rd or 4th , craziness but its alright it will give me time to get the motor out and start working on my fuel return set up.

Got some goodies in yesterday just waiting for the pics... They should be up tomorrow.

damn, till march? They better expidite that shit! Well give you time to do alot of stuff. Are you going to dress up the engine bay and tuck all the wires?

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information