Close

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by soquel1 View Post
    Thank you sir ! Your engine builds are that of legend.
    Thanks, i try my best to keep the ep game going

I have been dreading work lately but did manage to start surgery today. Didn't get around to doing much unfortunately. Pretty much just removed lines, engine harness, relieved fuel pressure. Yesterday I brought the hoist and other necessary tools from family members houses. But everything should be coming along quicker now. I do wish I had a REAL garage (shop) with more space. Hondata IMG and Avid motor mounts on the way.

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Gimmie ur bumpers !

Registered User gtimportfanatic's Avatar
    ^ never mind this guy, he always looking for something lol

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    Gimmie ur bumpers !
    Ha ha, you know I might get rid of this one. When taking it off I noticed that the tab that connects under the passenger side headlight came loose. It can be easily fixed with some epoxy putty. Also, it has a few dings here and there, nothing crazy. I figured with paint and body work I would just get a new one. Once I am done with the swap and wheels I'll see how I am with funds and keep you in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by gtimportfanatic View Post
    Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by gtimportfanatic View Post
    And ur looking for trouble!

Quite possibly the slowest build ever...... I only have time to work on this during the weekends and with friends getting married, family visiting, time has been tight. The passenger side spindle/axle nut was a real asshole to me. So I just ended up removing the lower ball joint from the control arm. All in all I can finally say that I got this thing out..... we had some good times together. Slowly but surely.

Had to take one of these corny ones corny ha ha...... It's damn hot in my garage !!!!

Omg.take that Chelsea jersey off!

Omg.take that Chelsea jersey off!
    Lmao.... I knew I would get some ish from somebody on here ha ha ha.

Lol. Jk. Clean Ur motor, its filth though lol

Lol. Jk. Clean Ur motor, its filth though lol
    Let me guess..... Manchester United ?

I will definitely clean it lol. Especially since I am planning on selling the entire swap locally.

Progress

Hello gentlemen ! Feels good to be back and on the site again. Summer was good and bad for me. My good buddy "Rocco" who you see in my avatar passed away due to a rare illness found in dry climates called "Valley Fever". It was absolutely horrific watching his condition worsen until finally the vet said we had to put him down. Rest in peace pal....... Anyway that put me back $ 1,200 and of course work on the car in general. Then I went on vacation to Lake Tahoe. Here we are kayaking to Fannette Island....

[img][URL=http://s1078.photobucket.com/user/callicrates1/media/tahoe_zpsd70105a1.jpg.html]

Then went on vacation again later in the summer to visit my family in Chicago....

[img][URL=http://s1078.photobucket.com/user/callicrates1/media/chitown_zpsa49fcc39.jpg.html]

Then I got promoted, and had to travel a bit for work down south to L.A. and to Bay Area. So that sucked lol.

Anyway.... Installed new clutch, Hondata IMG and purchased the Avid motor mounts. Siince I finally got a bit of stability in my schedule lately I dropped the swap in and the car started up on the first crank !

[img][URL=http://s1078.photobucket.com/user/callicrates1/media/mounts_zps95a8fac4.jpg.html]

[img][URL=http://s1078.photobucket.com/user/callicrates1/media/ep3_zps2a65b0ab.jpg.html]

Will tow it to Acura in the next coming days so I can actually rev more than 3k RPM safely (run a2 ECU). I'm definitely ditching the AEM V2 and new wheels/tires have already been ordered !!!!

Feels good to be back and am looking forward to being active on the site once again.

Til then.

So I called 3 different dealerships in my area and they all had a very difficult time understanding what I am trying to do...... Doesn't sound to hard to me ??? Or they simply said "we don't wanna deal with swaps". I even got one guy saying that has "never been done before". I'm not so much frustrated but surprised ? I think I'm just gonna tow the damn thing over to a dealership and actually show them what I want to do. At this point, I know K-pro is an option but I would much rather direct my attention/funds on suspension performance/parts.....

I flew too close to the sun lol.

So I finally get through to a damn local Acura dealership what I am trying to accomplish. I get the shop manager's name and he says to bring the car down so they can "try" to match the Ep3 key to the swapped engine immobilizer. I drive the car to the dealership with a friend following me. When I arrive, they act like I never spoke to anybody and say they don't touch anything aftermarket ha ha ha. There aren't any aftermarket parts on the engine swap so...... Anyways the experience simply solidified my belief that dealerships or should I say stealerships are useless. Has anybody ever heard the saying "You don't know shit from Shinola" ? Ha ha.

So on the way home my battery light turns on my dash and I think: "Hmmm, my alternator is out...." Then I look again and my temperature is super high.... Shit !!!! So I pull over, turn the car off and my serpentine belt is completely off !!!! The culprit ??? The top of my water pump passage assembly completely cracked, where the idler pulley is bolted onto. Here is a picture of the assembly that I pulled off the k20a3:

The car overheated for sure, but I don't believe the head gasket has been compromised as there is no water in the oil. I will soon find out though. Anyways I started ripping into this thing again and have to admit that I am having a blast.

If the head gasket did go I'll just replace that mofo too. I've turned every bolt, pushed in every clip etc on this car by myself and have learned so much. The only help I have had thus far has been from my brother dropping the swap in/guiding it. I can't tell you how much satisfaction I got when I drove the car around with the swap in. Even if I couldn't go above 3k RPM, just the fact of knowing that I did everything is awesome. I can only imagine the smile others get on this site when they install their builds that are much greater in complexity than mine. Cool thing was that reverse went in just fine with the 6 speed tranny, I did not have to notch my shifter.

So, I'll get this part replaced and I have two leads to people that know how to deal with immobilizers etc. If that route doesn't work I will just get K-Pro. Also, I haven't gotten my wheels because they were on backorder. The vendor I was dealing with gave me the option of my money back and I did just that. I figured I would just wait on the new wheels for now. Upward and onward ! Heh.

Completed minor surgery today and it was a success. Replaced the broken water passage way with a new one from Acura, and also got around to fixing an idle issue I have had since the first start up of the swap. Idle was high, around 2k and would bounce from 500-1500 RPM after the car warmed up. Figured it would be a vacuum leak so I took off the throttle body, replaced the stock paper gasket with a plastic P2R piece and also replaced the IACV. Here is a picture of how bad it was:

My idle is all good now. Most importantly, the car did not overheat and does not show any signs of a bad head gasket, warped head form the incident a few weeks back. All is well again, and will get the damn Acura ECU programmed to my Honda key here in the next few days. Oh and I was surprised at how much a pain in the ass it was removing the old paper gasket from the throttle body. Some careful use of solvent and a scraper took care of it though.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information