Close

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    So I've gotten nowhere with dealerships and a few local people that know things with immobilizers etc. My only option is K-Pro. That will be ordered here in the next few days. After all it will be well worth it. In the mean time I installed a JDM shift boot and CTR shift knob as well.

I'm pretty sure you've probably already tried this, but have you tried to get the service tech to follow these instructions? link

When I went to sync my kpro to my immobilizer, the tech and service manager came out and said it couldn't be done. I confirmed they had the HDS tool and did the immobilizer sync myself using the instructions provided by Hondata. I left them a copy. They said this way was much easier compared to the way they 'normally' do it.
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

I did stumble upon that on Hondata's site when scouring the web for information. But I don't think they'll budge. I even took my laptop to show them the article from Modified magazine when they did the exact swap on an 02 Civic Si years ago. They still did not want to budge. I'll just get K-Pro and go from there. Did they charge you to do that ? I sure hope not considering you did everything !! Lol.

Thanks for the input man.

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Looks good... As usual.. Sooooo. U gona sell me those bumpers or what.

Lol, I'm gonna call Hendy Honda and get a quote for a new front one. I haven't forgot about you ! The only thing is shipping. If you were local I would hook you up. I fixed the passenger tab with PC Epoxy. That thing is SOLID now. I recommend that stuff for anybody trying to fix plastic tabs on bumpers/grilles.

Hell yea man. Lmk what simon quotes u on new. If u can give me a fair price will take em off ur hands

Cool deal. I'll see here in the next few days.

Hey Ephatch, as mentioned I didn't get the wheels I wanted because they were on backorder. In fact they won't be available till March I really didn't want to wait that long and started looking for my other favorite set. Only problem..... They don't make them anymore and are very rare to find in excellent condition. So while tuning into the Chiefs vs Colts game today I was surfing Craigslist for parts as I often do and stumbled upon my second favorite set in the color, size, bolt pattern that I was looking for !!!! The game hadn't started yet, I called the shop and told them to put them aside. And off I go hauling ass to the Bay Area to pick them up ha ha.

BNIB !!!!!

Stems and side decals:

Here is a sick 96-98 Ek9 conversion that the shop had with a JDM B18 bored to 2.0..... They also had a S2K that they were working on too.

I didn't believe they were real, I thought it was a fake ad. But I asked them to text me the Made In Russia stamp and Desmond decals. Once they did I was out the door on my way lol. Once I got there, sure enough BNIB never mounted. Turns out they were a distributor for the wheels when they were still in production. They only had this set and three others. K-Pro should arrive sometime mid week this coming week and I'll have these mounted by then as well.

Nice pick up the rims. Definitely one of my top rims choice as well

Awesome car man!!!

Damn, so much win...

Great New Year so far, huh?
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

Quote Originally Posted by justanex1 View Post
    Nice pick up the rims. Definitely one of my top rims choice as well
    Thanks. Yeah, definitely can't go wrong with this classic style.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda_90 View Post
    Awesome car man!!!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by usedep3 View Post

Damn, so much win...

Great New Year so far, huh?
    Lol, yeah ! The car was in pieces sitting in the garage for 6 months in 2013 so I intend to change that in 2014.

I put the lip decals on. It was a bit scary with the first one, but the rest of them weren't that bad after.

Nice build man.

How much did you pick the Desmonds up for?

That shit with the dealership is complete BS. My buddy Ryan at Peoria Acura could do that ecu's immobilizer flash in a matter of 30 minutes. Some of the shit I have been told by dealers is absolutely ridiculous!. Shit, there is even a service procedure for it if the lazy asses had looked in their service book. I am really disappointed in Honda service/parts departments in the last few years.

At least now you hwill have Kpro, did you send you ECU in or did you get the K20A2 ecu Kpro'd?

If you got the K20A2 ecu Kpro'd, you should still get it programed to your immobilizer, that way nobody can steal your car.

Quote Originally Posted by captaingamez View Post
    Nice build man.

How much did you pick the Desmonds up for?

That shit with the dealership is complete BS. My buddy Ryan at Peoria Acura could do that ecu's immobilizer flash in a matter of 30 minutes. Some of the shit I have been told by dealers is absolutely ridiculous!. Shit, there is even a service procedure for it if the lazy asses had looked in their service book. I am really disappointed in Honda service/parts departments in the last few years.

At least now you hwill have Kpro, did you send you ECU in or did you get the K20A2 ecu Kpro'd?

If you got the K20A2 ecu Kpro'd, you should still get it programed to your immobilizer, that way nobody can steal your car.
    All thieves need is a Kpro of their own and they can steal his car

Any updates on those bumpers?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information