Close

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Coilover option?

I hate these generic questions and I am sorry that I must pose this one. I have a 2003 Si lowered on Tokico D-Specs and Skunk2 springs by the previous owner. It is way low and I like the way it looks. but can't stand the ride. I have always scraped exhaust and I am cool with that, but I just moved into a new rental house this weekend that has a hideous driveway and I am now scraping frame. That I am not comfortable with. I would like to raise the car back up, but not necessarily to stock height. Are there any coilovers that will provide me with a drop somewhere between stock and the extreme skunk2 spring drop (2.25" front/2" rear). I am running on 15" GSR fat 5 rims (after I traded away the 17" the previous owner had) with 195/65/15 tires (stock size).

Finally, as usual I am trying to spend as little as possible. I don't want to keep this car much longer, but may be stuck with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Aren't the Skunk2 springs in fact an adjustable sleeve? I seem to remember people creaming their pants for them back when as they were the first "holy balls that's low" option for the car.

I believe skunk2 does have a sleeve over option like the ground control, but I don't have those. I have a traditional lowering spring. No option to adjust ride height. It is "holy balls low" and I love the look, but the practicality of the car has been reduced greatly. Thanks for the input. Any options on true coilovers. I just took a quick look and saw the Buddy Club N+ for a little over 1K on Corsport. Would these be a good option? Is there a complete list of all the available options for these cars? Sorry for the newb questions. Thanks again in advance.
    Last edited by talonXracer; 04-11-2009 at 03:33 PM.

that guy w/ the face poeticfinesse21's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by larryo108 View Post
    I don't want to keep this car much longer, but may be stuck with it.

Seriously though look into some used eibach pro-kit or tein h-tech springs. Cheapest option would be stock 02-04 RSX springs or stock EP3 springs

Registered User Her-Name's-Ally's Avatar
    I have an eibach pro kit BNIB

Quote Originally Posted by poeticfinesse21 View Post

Seriously though look into some used eibach pro-kit or tein h-tech springs. Cheapest option would be stock 02-04 RSX springs or stock EP3 springs
    Hahahaha. Thanks poetic. It's not that I don't like the car. I am just getting too old for it. No offense intended to you, the car, or the forum.

I have thought about used Eibach springs, but for all of the hassle of installing those and new top mounts etc, etc, etc I am thinking I may want to go coilovers. Like I said, I don't want the car, but fear I will be stuck with it for a while. And if I am going to be stuck with it, I would rather be comfortable and have fun driving it. Thanks for the input though.

I did find a sticky with some spring and drop rate info, but it seems out of date. Any further help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Look around on clubrsx.com for a used DC5-R suspension or a used A-spec suspension. It's only about a 0.75" drop, only slightly stiffer than stock and a noticeable difference in performance over stock. Oh and it also comes fully assembled, you just need RSX tie rod ends and do some shaving to the rear shock bushings. Another decent option if you're just looking for stock replacements is raceland or rokkor coilovers but I think you have to reuse your tophats.

Our vendor ssr has a basic full coilover for less than half the buddy clubs. The ride quality is great. Performance is good as well. I have them on my car. Love them. Will upgrade in the future though. But great for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by black05ep View Post
    Our vendor ssr has a basic full coilover for less than half the buddy clubs. The ride quality is great. Performance is good as well. I have them on my car. Love them. Will upgrade in the future though. But great for the price.
    Do you have a link? By SSR I am assuming you are refering to SpeedStar Racing. I took a look and they have Buddy Club, Tanabe, HKS, Tein, etc, but I didn't see the set you were refering to. I am assuming that you use stock tophats as well?

Do you have a link? By SSR I am assuming you are refering to SpeedStar Racing. I took a look and they have Buddy Club, Tanabe, HKS, Tein, etc, but I didn't see the set you were refering to. I am assuming that you use stock tophats as well?
    http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...Full-Coilovers

I think he's referencing these.
    http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...ers&highlight=

Yes these are what i was talking about. Sorry for the confusion. They arent posted on their site..they are fantastoc though. I do plan o. Upgrading in the future.but for the price they are great.pics of my car and review are on the thread.

Thank you all. I will consider them. It appears they are out of stock at the moment, so I will have a couple of weeks to think about it. I have been doing some searching for recommendations on other options. I am not averse to spending about 1k for a set, just not looking to go super extreme with a 2k+ set. Any recommendations on a set in the 1k range?

buddy club n+, bc racing type br, function and form type2, D2, ksport, megan
    Last edited by lilflx; 04-12-2009 at 10:17 AM.

A-spec kit (comes fully assembled with new tophats) $650 brand new from curryacura + RSX tie rod ends $50. In my opinion the best set-up for daily driving and some performance. Once the shocks go you can just replace them with konis or bilsteins. If you really have your heart set on coilovers then for under $1000 look into either progress or megan street. I strongly recommend getting RSX-specific coilovers though, the spring rates on EP3 coils always suck compared to the RSX versions.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information