Close

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Her-Name's-Ally View Post
    http://www.corsportusa.com/store/cat...oducts_id=2127

if you use code bc5%off in the promo code you will save $58 makes it just over $1100
    Does these include the pillowball mounts? Something I read seemed to indicate otherwise. I am considering RCA's at the same time.

Registered User Her-Name's-Ally's Avatar
    Yes Sir... Idk shit about those to be honest. Someone is selling some red ones for $100 on here. Pick em up.
    you will fall in love with your ep in no time

edit: You can always call corsport and verify with them

Can you send me a link? I looked through all of the classifieds and did see any coilovers for sale. I am really thinking about spending a little cabbage to get some decent coilovers for the EP, since I don't think I can afford the vehicle that I really want. Thanks again for all of the help fellas. I will let you know what happens.

pm'd

that guy w/ the face poeticfinesse21's Avatar
    Honestly man, there's not much difference between most coilovers under $2000. Even the buddy clubs are known to have a lot of problems, this is why I suggested the spring/shock combo. Think Ohlins coilovers, Bilstein B16 PSS9 coilovers, Tein Mono-Flex, Mugen N1, something along those lines. Another decent option under that is under $2000 would be the H&R Street coilovers, the dampers are made by bilstein.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonhead228 View Post
    The Mugen ss are a great option if you want an inch drop and a set and forget kinda thing. I have them on my car for 40k and they still ride like the first day I put them in. It's okay for dd and great for handling. Kind stiff in the beginning but I got use to it quick. And don't forget, Mugen are quality parts and you can find a use set for around 600- 700
    ^ I would sell them for the right price lol

I saw a set of the Ohlins on clubep3 for sale, but they are gone already. Unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Her-Name's-Ally View Post
    Thanks Ally. I thought you meant someone had Buddy Club's for sale. I did see the rear lower control arms, but by RCA's I meant roll center adjuster. Thanks again man.

Fo show champ. check out those caster adjusters too. There is honestly to much damn stuff. Corsport is like a candy store for car parts.
    Make sure you make a build thread

ephatch member
    I had Buddy Club RSD on my ep for 5 years. just took them off and installed BC Racing BR coilovers. got em for $950 shipped through Corsport. I was never impressed at all with the Buddy Club setup, and the N+ is a compromise of the RSD. The RSD spring rates are very high for a street car, and only outhandle the stock suspension if the road is perfectly smooth. My Buddy Clubs did have the steering arms lower than stock (a positive), but had no provisions for attaching the brake hose and ABS wire. I zip tied mine in place. For my $1500, I was disappointed.

The BC Racing have been on my car for about 3 weeks now, and I have driven about 1000 miles. The ride is similar to the RSD, but much more compliant on the street. IMO, they handle better than the RSD ever did on the street. The hardware on the BC Racing is nicer as well. As far as pushing the car to the limit, I haven't autocrossed yet, but on my favorite local twisty roads, they are a solid performer. It may be worth noting that I ordered custom spring rates for my BCs. I got 6k front, and 10k rear. Their original setup is 8k front, 10k rear. I would suggest getting either the softer front spring like I did, or get a 12k rear spring to go along with the 8k front. This will allow the front and rear suspension to work together better due to the difference in wheel motion ratio between the front and rear axles.

Thanks for the reply anti. You have me seriously considering the BC Racing BR coils. Can you tell me what is the drop achievable. is 1"-4" or stock - 3". I can't find this info anywhere. Any additional input would be awesome.

Finally, is there anything in addition to the coils that I would need to install? Any stock parts that I will need. From what I read, the fronts come with pillowball mounts, but do I need anything for the rears? Thanks for the input.

depending how low you go you may want to consider some camber, inverted tie rods and I was looking at j's racing RCAs or buddy clubs. I may go with the J's cause I havent seen anyone with them. May be willing to be the ginny pig.

Thanks Ally. I already have the steering relocator bracket from club-rsx, so tie rods should be fine on mine. I am looking to only lower about an inch. I guess my main question was at their highest setting, is the car at stock height or something lower. I can't find that info for BC Racing anywhere. I know the Progress at the highest setting will give a 1" drop. The n+ I believe will go all the way up to stock height. Just curious where the BC Racing end up. If anyone knows or can direct me some place where I can find that, I would appreciate it.
    Last edited by SP33D FREAK; 04-13-2009 at 12:11 PM.

I ordered a set of BC Racing. Hope to have them before Thanksgiving. Now I am thinking I may want to replace my GSR Fat Fives with a polished 16" wheel. I am looking for something clean and simple. Like the Rota slips, but I can't find them anywhere. I know the slips a reproduction of the Spoon wheels. I am not above that as I have plenty of other things to spend money on. I would love to go with a 16x8 wheel, but I am concerned about rubbing and causing other problems. I certainly don't want crazy negative camber to fit the wheels. With all of that said, any suggestions?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information