Close

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Registered User Her-Name's-Ally's Avatar
    Do you have any aspirations to track larry? if not then that would be comfortable DD.
    Last edited by 56chevydan; 04-20-2009 at 10:08 AM.

No sir. This is just a daily driver. I am just trying to make the car a little more comfortable to drive and keep it fun. Hopefully be getting a new vehicle in the next year. But if I can get this to where I enjoy driving the car (which I don't now) I may keep it longer because it is currently paid off.

Quote Originally Posted by larryo108 View Post
    I'll keep searching for an affordable 8" wheel, but I may just end up with these 7" slips, slap some 225/50 tires on them and be done with it.
    After seeing that picture of someones slips that broke, along with other rotas, I'm staying away from those, esp if you track.

I think they look nice, but can't afford the real spoons or regamasters.

Quote Originally Posted by b_ron View Post
    After seeing that picture of someones slips that broke, along with other rotas, I'm staying away from those, esp if you track.

I think they look nice, but can't afford the real spoons or regamasters.
    I don't track at all. The most I do is a spirited drive in the mountains on the way to my parent's house. Is this a common problem with the Rota's or just something that has happened to a few people?

I guess I could just do these Enkei's, but they are another $300. That and the Enkei's seem to be on everything. I do like the 8" width. They have the correct offset from what poetic indicated. Would I have to run extreme camber to make these work or would I have they stick out past the fenders?

Registered User Her-Name's-Ally's Avatar
    negatory on the camber if you did it would be very minimal and at that rolling the fenders would do the trick

I found these pics in the wheel thread. 16x8 rpf1's. Looks like the wheels are right at the fender. I am not sure I like that. Maybe I will just stick with the 7". I am intrigued by the big brakes he fit under a 16" wheel. Any idea what those are?

I hope 27rocks doesn't mind my stealing his pictures.

that guy w/ the face poeticfinesse21's Avatar
    Those are actually 17x9 +35 and I think he has the stoptech BBK

Damn. I swear I read that they were 16x8. I must have gotten confused. I know stoptech and there is no way in hell they are fitting under a 16" wheel. That should have been my first clue. Thanks again poetic.

The wilwood BBK fits under some 16's, that's the setup that I plan to get eventually

Is there a list of what 16's it will fit under? And any reviews/spec of the wilwood kit?

OK. I am leaning towards the polished rota slips. I am looking at the ones I posted earlier from ebay. They are 16x7 +40, 4x100, but it does not specify what the bore size is. What bore size should I be looking for?

I don't track at all. The most I do is a spirited drive in the mountains on the way to my parent's house. Is this a common problem with the Rota's or just something that has happened to a few people?
    With those slips, the picture I saw wasn't even a crack, just the middle star was left on the car. Everything else broke off.
    It's somewhat common for rotas, I feel like to more user error or something. Just google "rota wheels crack" or something and you should be able to see them.

OK. I am leaning towards the polished rota slips. I am looking at the ones I posted earlier from ebay. They are 16x7 +40, 4x100, but it does not specify what the bore size is. What bore size should I be looking for?
    I think its 67.1 on the top of my head, don't take my word on this one.

Is there a list of what 16's it will fit under? And any reviews/spec of the wilwood kit?
    I think as long as the 16" wheel has an offset of +40 or lower then it will clear the wilwoods but don't quote me.
    As far as reviews as long as you pair them with some sticky tires, you'll be outbraking porsches, mercedes and BMW's all day. A lot of autocross and track guys run the wilwood kit over on clubep3/clubrsx.

Just talked to an old car buddy. I may switch it up and go with the Konig Rollers in silver, 16x7.5 +35. Thoughts?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information