Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Urgent help needed!!!

hi guys, i recently just bought the skunk2 civic rr on here. car is awesome until today.. well, i was at school just trying to datalog my kpro. then my Kmanager v3.1.6 give me a error message. i was unable to datalog anything. so i unhook my laptop and my car won't start now. i then call hondata, they told me i need to download the new Kmanager beta v3.2.0. then i try to start the car, won't start. seems like my kpro failed on me then clear all my current calibration. i called skunk2 for the calibration---no luck. then i called jimmy (ImportCustomx) he happen to have it. i upload the calibration provided by jimmy--even worse, car cranking sounds like the timing is really off. my instructor told me to get the car completely retune--start from scratch. i hope someone on here have somewhat the same setup as mine so i can get it to run--at least to my house--to a tuner is even better. please help me.. thanks!

specs:
    k24a2
    11.0:1 compression ratio
    rsx-s tranny
    i/rh/e
    etc.

lmk what you guys need to know about the car, i'll try to gather as much info as possible.. thanks

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    No offense but why were u messing with it in the first place? Wasnt that car tuned from skunk2?

yes, but my car was running a tad rich, i was just trying to lean out the fuel a little bit with my teacher. i didn't think my kpro would fail on me.

its most likely not the KPRO failing on you- more like something you messed with when trying to lean it out that it didnt like. you can try a base calibration in kpro for the TSX to get it running- just try to find one that best matches your mods. i agree with your teach- get it re-tuned by someone who knows what their doing.

He said he got the original kal from importcustomx. Maybe u should un install kmanager and re install it and try uploading the kal again .R if you have a friend borrow there kpro and see what happens.
    Last edited by ImportCustomx; 10-30-2012 at 12:51 PM.

the kal could be corrupted or based off an older operating system- i know when i tried running an old tune on my new updated software it didnt run right due to the upgraded system. the starter calibrations are a good way of trying to get your car to run- at least enough to get you to a tuner.

Maybe theres a way to bring your computer to an earlier state so you are still running an older version of kmanager ,then u can upload the original kal

i didn't even touch anything with the adjustment on the kpro. yesterday, my teacher and i performed the fuel test (good), spark test (good), and compression test. cylinder #1, #3, #4 were good but #2 was bad (no compression). we did the leakage test--popped the valve cover off, make sure cylinder #2 intake & exhaust valves are closed--then we did the leakage test--put air into it to see if air escape on the intake or exhaust side--it escaped both ways--intake & exhaust!

car was running super rich and seems like the oil isn't lubricated, he say it could be carbon build up--so instead of popping the whole head off--he pull out his snap-on scope--checked it and saw massive carbon.. so we know the engine is good, even with the base map, i've upload it and it still won't run.

he checked the base map (k24 tsx) configurations--he say it should at least run--whether good or bad, should at least start the car. but it won't budge--the timing sounds too advanced. he's almost positive that the ecu is bad. he came to a conclusion that the ecu is bad.

i called hondata--they told me it's likely to be the ecu--it's really uncommon but it happens and they suggest me to try it out on someone w/ the same application ecu and disable immobilizer and upload the base map/tune map into their car w/ my kpro and see what happens. i wish i have someone near me that have the same application as mine... :(
    Last edited by ImportCustomx; 10-30-2012 at 12:51 PM.

so i tested the kpro ecu in a working rsx-s.. my ecu is good... now let the fun begin finding out the cause..

next step, new oem crankshaft position sensor. hopefully my car will start.

did you get the issue fixed?

Yea he is all set now, he is going to school for Auto Tec... He sent me a few updates.
    be jealous :P

Registered User Her-Name's-Ally's Avatar
    come up.

sorry guys, haven't kept this thread updated. i've been busy. i found out what is exactly wrong with the car. my OEM TCT went bad. they're known to fail on built motor. i've ordered a skunk2 TCT now. just waiting for the parts to get here. but in the meantime, i've bought parts here n there for the ep. traded my worn out front sparcos for a set of clean oem seats (installed), rsx airbag detonator (so i can swap out when i get the JDM steering wheel), cruise control switch, CTR 6 speed shifter & cables (installed), outer tie rods & ball joints (installed). my engine is completely out of the car now. when i get a chance, i'll make a new (re)build thread and upload some pics. it's EPic!

I don't know what kind of Cam you have in the motor i'm guessing skunk2, but you might want to think about upgrading to the newer cams that are much easier on the TCT. Plus a lot of cars are making crazy power with the newer cams out now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information