Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadphishy View Post
    I don't know what kind of Cam you have in the motor i'm guessing skunk2, but you might want to think about upgrading to the newer cams that are much easier on the TCT. Plus a lot of cars are making crazy power with the newer cams out now.
    i believe i have the prototype skunk2 stage 1 cams. what cams do you recommend? are skunk2 stage 2 cams good?

Quote Originally Posted by 03CivicSiRacer View Post
    i believe i have the prototype skunk2 stage 1 cams. what cams do you recommend? are skunk2 stage 2 cams good?
    all of the first generation cams were tough on the chain.
    the new skunk 2 cams are ok.

drag cartel
    kelford

is where I would start.

They both have "drop in" cams that don't require a valve train upgrade. I don't know if you have an upgraded valve train.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadphishy View Post
    all of the first generation cams were tough on the chain.
    the new skunk 2 cams are ok.

drag cartel
    kelford

is where I would start.

They both have "drop in" cams that don't require a valve train upgrade. I don't know if you have an upgraded valve train.
    yeah, i did more research and found out that the version 1 & 2 were bad. but the v3's isn't bad. i like to pick up where skunk2 left it as. i like to go skunk2 everything since it's already a skunk2 built platform. my car does have a valve train upgrade. i'm gonna go w/ hybrid racing TCT and skunk2 stage 3 cams, skunk2 intake manifold, skunk2 throttle body, skunk2 fuel rail and a nice tune would be good on my built k24(bottom)a2(head).

more updates... so my valves are bent. this is how it all happened. faulty s2 s1 v1 cams>bad tensioner>timing off>bent valves... i just ordered a set of s2 s3 v3 cams, s2 valves, hybrid racing TCT. also, trading my PRC for modified RBC+karcept adapter. i've been taking lots of pics along. once i get it together, i'll make a build thread. i take pride in (re)building what s2 didn't do right back then.

Yah... bent valves are almost unavoidable when the TCT lets go. Be sure n check the guides to make sure none of them split, or are oblonged that would allow the valve to wobble the more lift is used. A guide reamer and a fresh unbent valve would be a great way to check each guide.

As much as i love HR products, im not convinced the double locking ratchet is the best way to 'resolve' a failing tensioner. Im still in firm belief of making the TCT a regular maintenance item in high RPM/high lift cam'd setups. Every 30-40k... swap it out for a new one. Its a lot cheaper than the alternative... JMO though...

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    Yah... bent valves are almost unavoidable when the TCT lets go. Be sure n check the guides to make sure none of them split, or are oblonged that would allow the valve to wobble the more lift is used. A guide reamer and a fresh unbent valve would be a great way to check each guide.

As much as i love HR products, im not convinced the double locking ratchet is the best way to 'resolve' a failing tensioner. Im still in firm belief of making the TCT a regular maintenance item in high RPM/high lift cam'd setups. Every 30-40k... swap it out for a new one. Its a lot cheaper than the alternative... JMO though...
    yeah bro, i have my knowledgable teacher to check everything. he told me what's need to be replaced and explain to me what causes as well. i'm gonna double check it tomorrow to make sure everything is in good working order. my parts will be here next week.

Good luck i know if this happened to me i would cry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information