Brian Crower retainers
    rbc mani
    ebay SRI
    full exhaust 2 1/2 to a vibrant 2 1/2
    race header forgot name but decent one

tuned on 93 100* deg in shop lol
    tuner yosolo

Attachment 6311

can't see the dyno bro...nice mods though!

yeah sorry bout that i just tried again.
    Quote Originally Posted by wcmbrk View Post
    can't see the dyno bro...nice mods though!

Those numbers are really low for that set up. You should be around 240+ whp.. I seen stock set up with just i/h/e 220whp 190wtq
    Last edited by brian1g; 04-14-2009 at 05:05 AM.

I would have to agree with lemonhead as I was guessing you would be around 230-235 but one thing I can say, it has a nice power curve. Revving it out to almost 8.5k rpm is brave, but if its holding and the motor likes it then let it loose haha.

It could also be a low reading dyno...

Its def a nice set up... cheers!

Re: full k24a2 build with dyno sheet.

Unfff! Dat tq plateau

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

yeah i agree lemonhead and 1gr8ep3 thats why i posted. i also have rdx injectors. i was thinking more around 240 hp but everyone says the heat killed me and the exhaust and the time of tunning i had stock intake. everyones stays telling me that that dyno reads low but idk how low ??? i only take to 8100!

all dynos are diff, if it runs good i wouldnt worry to much. You could always take it to another dyno and see if the numbers are consistant. Alot of shops dont service their dynos (like the one in my town) and the calibrations will start to read lower.. or higher. For example the all wheel drive dyno in my town was reading torque on cars at 130% higher than what was true.

it runs good just want accurate numbers ! im goinh to do a couple pulls in a couple weeks hopefully ill see numbers i like my goal is to get 245-250 whp!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by urthworm View Post
    all dynos are diff, if it runs good i wouldnt worry to much. You could always take it to another dyno and see if the numbers are consistant. Alot of shops dont service their dynos (like the one in my town) and the calibrations will start to read lower.. or higher. For example the all wheel drive dyno in my town was reading torque on cars at 130% higher than what was true.
    Last edited by whatisthis; 04-14-2009 at 08:40 AM.

Registered User gtimportfanatic's Avatar
    idc how low a dyno reads, stg 2 cams on a k24a2 should be 250+ esp from yosolo. either that or your motor is seriously hurt.

Ive had BC stg2's... and unless they have revised the lobes... youd be better off going back to the OEM cams... or swapping in a k20a2 head.

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    Ive had BC stg2's... and unless they have revised the lobes... youd be better off going back to the OEM cams... or swapping in a k20a2 head.
    What's the swap to the k20a2 head going to gain him? Smaller combustion area to raise the comp ratio? I thought all the three lobe vtec heads had the same chamber volume. I could be wrong I haven't seen anyone post info on all the different heads. I know when I built B series engines you would use a GSR head to get a slight bump in comp ratio cause the head had a smaller chamber than the B16/type r heads.

I think what BA meant was the flow characteristics of a k20a2 head will allow the stg2 cams to run at there full potential. There is a link showing the difference between a k24a2, k20a2, and a k24a1 head... but for some reason it wont let me post the graph.

Good call Q. Its not so much the combustion chambers, even though there is a difference there, its the runner design. The k24a2 head works best with its longer runner manifold to produce TQ and midrange. The k24a2 head flows less than the k20a2 head, and the k24a1 head flows the best up to 7krpm. The BC stg2 cams would work better with his RBC and either a k20a2 or k24a1 head. Or... reinstall the k24a2 cams for the k24a2 head and the RBC... and retune (of course).

If the BC stg2 profiles are the same as when i had them... then he might do better going with a PRC mani over the RBC too. It depends though... i didnt have an RBC to test back then. The TQ curve looks a little weak from 3 to 6krpm... could be cam angle or the fact the tuner didnt do a lot of work with ignition advance. Its hard to say.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information