Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Diamondbacks usually are very calm and easy to deal with. This is a little creepy; I spent a half hour removing one from plastic mesh the other day. She'd been stuck in it for a few weeks and it was imbedded in the skin. Had to hold her head, of course, and her venom was running down my hand due to the mesh getting in her mouth and milking it. Gave her a few days to rest and hydrate and she was fine.

But the Mojaves are very nervous and will strike all the time. They can also coil and spring their entire body about 5 feet! They are just trying to get away but I've had it happen twice and it scared the hell out of me. I was told by a reputable person at the Saguaro Desert Museum here that they have been known to spring like that and bite. Crikey. My approach with them has changed since hearing that.

Sweet dreams.

Re: Black Widow Spider in my Dashboard!!! How do I kill it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
    Diamondbacks usually are very calm and easy to deal with. This is a little creepy; I spent a half hour removing one from plastic mesh the other day. She'd been stuck in it for a few weeks and it was imbedded in the skin. Had to hold her head, of course, and her venom was running down my hand due to the mesh getting in her mouth and milking it. Gave her a few days to rest and hydrate and she was fine.

But the Mojaves are very nervous and will strike all the time. They can also coil and spring their entire body about 5 feet! They are just trying to get away but I've had it happen twice and it scared the hell out of me. I was told by a reputable person at the Saguaro Desert Museum here that they have been known to spring like that and bite. Crikey. My approach with them has changed since hearing that.

Sweet dreams.
    LOL on the sweet dreams. Damn that was a scary thing to know about what the desertmuseum taught you.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information