Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Kpro & KManager not connecting... KPro Not Reading anymore..

I am having problems running KManager to connect to the ECU now... I Accidentally been working on my girlfriends ep3 for the last 2 months and well when I jumped on my ep3. I had a CEL... What I did was pull the 15AMP fuse from under the hood to reset the CEL... (I had forgotten that I had KPRO) Then when I realized it after I had put the fuse back and everything I ran to get the laptop. connected the USB Cable to the KPRO Ecu and well it didn't read anymore... Is there anything I can do?

Any help would gladly be appreciated... I'm very lost and confused as of right now. I feel that I ruined my KPro... I can provide pictures as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated... I've tried emailing hondata a ton of times... Bunch of Horrible Customer Service that they have.

I even bought a new USB Cable nothing....
    here is my ecu:

time to call hondata- i would go straight to the source

Re: Kpro & KManager not connecting... KPro Not Reading anymore..

Quote Originally Posted by differentK View Post
    i will soon as i get a chance.

¶SK¬

Quote Originally Posted by differentK View Post
    I will as soon as I get the chance to do that, damn holidays I'm busy like Santa....

¶SK¬

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Hondata don't give a shit. Nothing but horrible customer service there. I would say see if you have a freind that has kpro. See if it works on ur ep3. I wouldnt think resetting would caus damage. I unplug my battery all the time , heck its unplugged right now lol. Check the usb port on your kpro for damage
    This is Gona be hondata advise to you.... " make sure you have the updated version of kmanager"... And then if that doesn't work there gona tell u its broken. They don't give a Fuck
    Last edited by superchargedk20; 11-19-2012 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    Hondata don't give a shit. Nothing but horrible customer service there. I would say see if you have a freind that has kpro. See if it works on ur ep3. I wouldnt think resetting would caus damage. I unplug my battery all the time , heck its unplugged right now lol. Check the usb port on your kpro for damage
    This is Gona be hondata advise to you.... " make sure you have the updated version of kmanager"... And then if that doesn't work there gona tell u its broken. They don't give a Fuck
    Yeah that is all they told me over email... Ive got no local friends that have kpro and the people I know out here in socal are haters and they want to charge you an arm and a leg.. I might as well buy another k pro with all the people around... Any advice or for some nice people to help me out locally. I honest to God know a guy that has an ekhatch with a k20z1 with kpro and he lives 3 blocks away. But he is always too busy. Anyways. Thanks for the advice.Ill keep my search going...

:msad: Sometimes... I wish I lived on the eastcoast...

¶SK¬

I would start with the usb port. If ur car still turns on and drives the ecu has to be still good. Try a different laptop too
    Last edited by superchargedk20; 11-19-2012 at 11:56 AM.

I would start with the usb port. If ur car still turns on and drives the ecu has to be still good. Try a different laptop too
    Yeah I think I need to clear up the entire registry. Ill probably pick up another laptop for black friday. What do you think could be wrong with the usb port?

¶SK¬

I just remember about a guy who had the same issue as u. Turned out a piece inside the usb hole in kpro was missing. After that he was all set.

I just remember about a guy who had the same issue as u. Turned out a piece inside the usb hole in kpro was missing. After that he was all set.
    Interesting because it was working all good before... What did the guy do? Did he send it in? I do remember I did an update to kmanager on it before I tried to plug the Ecu after I pulled the fuse... But honestly if anything ill send it to Hondata and upgrade the KPro version to the newer ones. =) I think its 75$ or so... Might AS well do that.

¶SK¬

It's on the hondata forums somewhere. It was like a black piece or something. His buddies s300 had it and his didn't. He found it in his packaged box and it fixed it. Did u try manually going into kmanager and seeing what happens? Trying searching/ posting on crsx. Someone else has had to have a similar situation as u

OG Lurker
    yeah...Hondata's customer service is pretty shitty. Everytime I've called them, the techs just want to get rid of you asap.

It's on the hondata forums somewhere. It was like a black piece or something. His buddies s300 had it and his didn't. He found it in his packaged box and it fixed it. Did u try manually going into kmanager and seeing what happens? Trying searching/ posting on crsx. Someone else has had to have a similar situation as u
    yeah I tried going into Kmanager and it says It can't find the Ecu...

ill check soon.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteComet View Post
    yeah...Hondata's customer service is pretty shitty. Everytime I've called them, the techs just want to get rid of you asap.
    Yeah I believe that its shitty.

Bump for anymore advice.

¶SK¬

is the light on the kpro green or red.. or is it blinking? ive had similar problems... also in device manager can it identify the kpro with a yellow question mark or nothing shows up at all.. pics a little too small i cant see

Quote Originally Posted by b33lz89 View Post
    is the light on the kpro green or red.. or is it blinking? ive had similar problems... also in device manager can it identify the kpro with a yellow question mark or nothing shows up at all.. pics a little too small i cant see
    Doesn't identify KPro Ecu anymore... the light is green when connected to usb. Thanks for the help in advanced.

¶SK¬

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information