Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SkareKrow View Post
    Doesn't identify KPro Ecu anymore... the light is green when connected to usb. Thanks for the help in advanced.

¶SK¬
    SK your girl has a ep3 too? Unplug your ecu, and plug it into her car and try it.

I would really think that your car would not run if your kpro was ruined. If it runs, its most likely a software issue (or your laptop). You could always try to uninstall kmanager, and re-install.

Do you have access to another ep3
    Do you have access to another laptop?

Or you can always run a long ass extension cord and your desktop machine to your car. Which would be a total pain in the ass. It could be that your USB drivers are messed up on the lappy, or a number of other things.

Re: Kpro & KManager not connecting... KPro Not Reading anymore..

Quote Originally Posted by HFPcivicSI View Post
    SK your girl has a ep3 too? Unplug your ecu, and plug it into her car and try it.

I would really think that your car would not run if your kpro was ruined. If it runs, its most likely a software issue (or your laptop). You could always try to uninstall kmanager, and re-install.

Do you have access to another ep3
    Do you have access to another laptop?

Or you can always run a long ass extension cord and your desktop machine to your car. Which would be a total pain in the ass. It could be that your USB drivers are messed up on the lappy, or a number of other things.
    Yes my lady has an ep3 aswell. I have already uninstalled k manager. I'm trying to figure out the usb drivers etc... Any help with that would be best.=)
    I sadly don't have access to another laptop At the moment.

I was going to pick one up this past weekend for black Friday but we ran into a small issue with one of pugs. The boy was going blind From one eye and well Black Friday money went to saving the pup.

Well if you know anything about the usb drivers I wouldn't mind skyping At all. Let me know. =)

¶SK¬

Can you try any other item you own that runs on USB? Like a camera, PS vita or anything? Something where you can at least test to make sure its working on the "other" item?

I would really try to swap your kpro ecu with her stock ECU.

Can you try any other item you own that runs on USB? Like a camera, PS vita or anything? Something where you can at least test to make sure its working on the "other" item?

I would really try to swap your kpro ecu with her stock ECU.
    Ill swap ecus no problem. my usb that I put music in works on the laptop. I'm thinking its honestly something on the registry and I'm not trying to screw it up since I don't know much of it. :-/ I uninstalled the drivers for the usb and reinstalled them. The mouse thats usb also works... Any other advice?

¶SK¬

Ill swap ecus no problem. my usb that I put music in works on the laptop. I'm thinking its honestly something on the registry and I'm not trying to screw it up since I don't know much of it. :-/ I uninstalled the drivers for the usb and reinstalled them. The mouse thats usb also works... Any other advice?

¶SK¬
    Yeah, I know its a pain in the ass, but use another laptop OR your desk top (which means running an extension cord from your house/garage to your car) to run Kmgr.

If you determine it is infact your laptop that is screwy -- you can always do a full system restore. Or better yet, before you do that, see if you can do a "go back" to the LATEST possible date (like a month or two ago?) You should be able to do that. So here is what I would do next if I were you in this order:

1) perform a "go back" on your laptop to the earliest date possible. Then install your kpro mgr. fresh again
    2) if that dont work - hook up your desktop OR another laptop to your kpro. If your kpro works - you KNOW its your laptop, then if thats the case:
    3) full system restore on that laptop.

Seriously, I think one of those 3 options will get you going again SK.

-Al
    Last edited by HFPcivicSI; 11-27-2012 at 07:04 PM.

Yeah, I know its a pain in the ass, but use another laptop OR your desk top (which means running an extension cord from your house/garage to your car) to run Kmgr.

If you determine it is infact your laptop that is screwy -- you can always do a full system restore. Or better yet, before you do that, see if you can do a "go back" to the LATEST possible date (like a month or two ago?) You should be able to do that. So here is what I would do next if I were you in this order:

1) perform a "go back" on your laptop to the earliest date possible. Then install your kpro mgr. fresh again
    2) if that dont work - hook up your desktop OR another laptop to your kpro. If your kpro works - you KNOW its your laptop, then if thats the case:
    3) full system restore on that laptop.

Seriously, I think one of those 3 options will get you going again SK.

-Al
    Ok Updates. I will be trying to the Desktop Trick. I just got off the phone with Matt @ Hondata Help... He said that the ECU might be messed up. It's a 50$ Charge to just ship it to them. And another $250.00 just to see what is going on... So in other words another $300.00 To get it back up and running... Hopefully... Thats what he is telling me. I don't understand how it could have messed up on me...Everything has been grounded correctly... Anymore help would be appreciated. Thanks very much in advance for anyone helping me...

Update: Tried my buddy's laptop the one that was always busy actually had a minute to help out yesterday evening. Well it showed that there was a USB Portable Hardware trying to connect. He already had KManager since his Brother has KPro in a K20Z1'd out EKHatch... But It wouldn't read the drivers to KPro... I am guessing that I might have to actually send my KPro in and I might as well do a KPRo Version III(3) Upgrade... That would completely cost me about $375 Roughly or so.

What else do you guys think before I start racking up the money to send the KPro in....

I just had the same exact problem today, so to solve the solution I need to send it in to hondata to get the latest version upgrade? No other way to fix it?
    Update: Tried my buddy's laptop the one that was always busy actually had a minute to help out yesterday evening. Well it showed that there was a USB Portable Hardware trying to connect. He already had KManager since his Brother has KPro in a K20Z1'd out EKHatch... But It wouldn't read the drivers to KPro... I am guessing that I might have to actually send my KPro in and I might as well do a KPRo Version III(3) Upgrade... That would completely cost me about $375 Roughly or so.

What else do you guys think before I start racking up the money to send the KPro in....

Quote Originally Posted by ep393 View Post
    I just had the same exact problem today, so to solve the solution I need to send it in to hondata to get the latest version upgrade? No other way to fix it?
    Yeah thats what they told me... I'm reaching up the money to be ready to pay out the ass...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information