Close

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Ej1 -Round 2-

Quote Originally Posted by Powers View Post
    Agreed man. Don't worry about it. Ill pester crsx for it.
    Sent ya PM bro.

I was bored at home... i cut 4 inches off the length of my CAI and retuned. Midrange suffered somewhat between 2500 and 4500rpm but the top end noticeably woke up. Hmmm...

SO... i ordered a 3.5" j bend and straight length of mandrel. Im going to combine the current 3" with the 3.5" tubing and make an adjustable CAI. I always loved the way the AEM v2 performed (IAT temps the same) on my previous builds (over the AEM CAI and short ram)... so im gonna see if i can replicate its performance, but tune its length for my preferred powerband. Since it will be adjustable, it should work well for a 2.0 and 2.4 build. Pix to come...

Quote Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
    Ouch. I wish you and your family peace and strength, my friend.
    Thank you. All we can do is try and make him comfortable... its just a matter of time now. : (

Not a hatch but nice to check out; http://www.roadraceautox.com/showthread.php?t=44399

Quote Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
    Not a hatch but nice to check out; http://www.roadraceautox.com/showthread.php?t=44399
    VERY nice! So there IS hope for my lil coupe. lol

This is a current pic of the CAI with 4" removed...

I spent some time in the junkyard. I shouldnt have, as everytime i do i run into something i HAVE to buy to avoid losing the deal. I was lucky and found a center console in my color, and in 8/10 shape. I scooped that up, misc door clips that are outrageous through Honda, found a rear bumper cover in 9/10 shape in my color, a trunk and sunroof gasket in 9/10... and in my scrounging i stumbled across... a 99 CRV!

$250 and i now have half of what i need to go 5 lug! It was close to closing time so i have to go back to get the goods tomorrow. Only 89k on the chassis, and hit in the rear so all the front goods are in great shape. Soooo stoked.

So my new glovebox is installed, and the center console is on its way to completion. The only thing left to finish the interior is the dash airbag delete tray. Ive been using a 94 Accord dash pocket in place of a radio delete plate. Ive been enjoying the audio setup in its rough completion, but have become frustrated with the lack of tunability i have with using either my iPod or my Droid as a source. If all music was recorded/mixed equally... it wouldnt be an issue... i guess it was only a matter of time.

So, im going to scoop up a head unit to control my amplifier pair, and sell my Infinity 12" SVC sub+enclosure... and the spare unused sub along with it. Im going to build a 4th order bandpass cab for another Infinity 12" DVC subwoofer. I dont think i updated this, but i also replaced one of my previous amps with a sub mono amp (DX 250.1) several months ago... the DVC sub will allow a 2 ohm load (the amp pushing my F/R separates currently sees a 2 ohm load/stereo). Other than that, ill only need to scoop up the kick panel separates enclosures and the entire audio install will be finalized...

... and the interior will be as OEM complete as its gonna get.
    Last edited by Ba82Ep3; 05-07-2013 at 03:49 AM.

I wonder, if in place of the four missing inches, you could add a larger diameter portion in the middle that would make up for the missing volume. You would still have the velocity of the present tube close to the motor. Maybe the larger pipe could temporarilly slide like a trombone to find the right volume?

Thats exactly my plan.

A silicone coupler like the one in the pic between the TB and the CAI will be slid over the 3" like a sleeve (with the edge exposed to moving air inside the CAI tapered to reduce turbulence), the 3.5" tubing will slide over that for length adjustment and held in place with a t-bolt clamp like the ones in the pic.

It will be rough looking, but most 'protoypical' things are. Once i find the length that works best, then i can use bent piping for best fitment.

Ive had an issue with the head the past few days... something to do with VTEC not working on all of the cylinders. I have a thread on k20a.org...

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=113468

Anyone willing to chime in with ideas would be greatly appreciated. I wanted to avoid taking the head apart before the new short block is completed... but it looks like i may have no choice. Its always something...

Until then, i will leave this here... the only thing (once swapped with an LS3) that would get me out of the Honda 'game'...

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    Ive had an issue with the head the past few days... something to do with VTEC not working on all of the cylinders. I have a thread on k20a.org...

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=113468

Anyone willing to chime in with ideas would be greatly appreciated. I wanted to avoid taking the head apart before the new short block is completed... but it looks like i may have no choice. Its always something...

Until then, i will leave this here... the only thing (once swapped with an LS3) that would get me out of the Honda 'game'...

I almost bought one before the Ep actually hahaha it had a running and driving RB25det swap on it but it need a front bumper cover paint and had now power steering. The dude wanted seven grand for it too.

To this day if I find the right one the eps gone

Yep... there is a local with one... its only an LS1 swap... but 'oh my fucking gawd' its so awesome. He comes out with drag slicks on it for the street... and when he launches it after a burnout... i feel like a kid seeing tits for the first time.

I can just imagine it with the SC'd vette engine in it... damn the gas mileage.

Ls7 with a t56 would be insanity! I'd just be happy with the rb25

Sup D the CAI looks good fits in there well. Sucks your having vtec issues I honestly would not know where to start. I would start swapping pats til I found the problem haha. I thought I would share this with you since it sounds like your build is headed towards time attack. O yeah this is also the shop that tunes my car ;)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evk5MI21q4U

AWD?! Whattt?!?!

LOL yes sir, that thing ran a 10.5

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information