Close

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ej1 -Round 2-

Man, I go away for a month or two and the place falls apart! I didn't know you were sick. Hope you're feeling better and you will get stronger pretty fast.

Subscribed (of course!).

Christmas came early hahaha... Take your time getting better D, no need to rush anything trust me that pretty little ej coupe isn't going anywhere

nice build so far...in for this one...hope for a speedy recovery...

Quote Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
    Man, I go away for a month or two and the place falls apart! I didn't know you were sick. Hope you're feeling better and you will get stronger pretty fast.

Subscribed (of course!).
    LOL I didnt know either.

Quote Originally Posted by 1GR8EP3 View Post
    Christmas came early hahaha... Take your time getting better D, no need to rush anything trust me that pretty little ej coupe isn't going anywhere
    Yeah i know... but for the first time in my life i feel my mortality. Getting old SUCKS!

Quote Originally Posted by Leemo559 View Post
    nice build so far...in for this one...hope for a speedy recovery...
    Thanx man. Its nice to see peeps appreciate that effort we all put into our cars... even if its on an older chassis like mine.

Researching intercoolers i ran across this little gem...

... its for a Jetta.

The IC would lay flat over the transmission with the inlet/outlet facing the valve cover, the down angled inlet would attach to the turbo, and the straight outlet would attach to the TB. It seems the majority of the OEM SMIC's ive run across use hose for 'charge pipe'. I could use a piece of hard pipe for BOV fitment and hose to finish up the rest of that IC/TB charge 'pipe'. Charge pipe length total would be less than two feet.

It would also be temp controlled fan forced (to limit heat soak), or ducted to the hood, or maybe both... like i had planned with the RDX setup. Mockup and fitment would dictate that. I like the aftermarket offering a lot, but its thickness limits fan/shroud/hood ductwork space... and the OEM piece is more my speed.

I also ran across a few Supra SMIC's... but the inlet/outlet locations didnt seem to work as well.

For audio i intend to use either my Droid (internet radio) or an iPod (or anyone elses phone/iPod for that matter) as my source. Since my source will not be as clean/accurate sounding as a CD player would be, i wasnt concerned with spending a ton of coin on Class D amps and settled on Class AB amps. I tried to focus on decent efficiency ratings (S/N) for my speakers and subs to make best use out of what little power i would have (@500watts).

I ran across the DX/DS series from Kicker. Stillwater Designs was a popular choice when i was into audio as a teen, so i decided i would give both their amps and speakers a try. For subs i have two Infinity Kappa Perfect 12's but will only use one... since the DX 125.2 amp bridged is only stable to 4 ohm.

The amps are small/light, and will be easy to conceal. One will push four 6.5's (one in each door, two on the rear deck), and the other will push the sub. Im custom wiring the Y input harness, and it will be concealed in a 4 door chassis armrest when it isnt used. I scooped up Streetwires for power and speaker connections.

I also picked up an alarm (CodeAlarm), primarily for keyless entry since the EJ1 spends 95% of its alone time in a garage... but i did scoop up a glass breakage sensor and a microwave sensor for additional protection. Since it is a security addition... details and install info will be limited. lol But i am looking forward to getting wrapped up in the wiring harness again... NOT.

Added some pix to page 1.

It was a beautiful day today, so i charged up the laptop and gassed up the EJ1. I tried some 40 degree cam advance... and YES! Oh man... good shit!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    For audio i intend to use either my Droid (internet radio) or an iPod (or anyone elses phone/iPod for that matter) as my source. Since my source will not be as clean/accurate sounding as a CD player would be, i wasnt concerned with spending a ton of coin on Class D amps and settled on Class AB amps. I tried to focus on decent efficiency ratings (S/N) for my speakers and subs to make best use out of what little power i would have (@500watts).

I ran across the DX/DS series from Kicker. Stillwater Designs was a popular choice when i was into audio as a teen, so i decided i would give both their amps and speakers a try. For subs i have two Infinity Kappa Perfect 12's but will only use one... since the DX 125.2 amp bridged is only stable to 4 ohm.

The amps are small/light, and will be easy to conceal. One will push four 6.5's (one in each door, two on the rear deck), and the other will push the sub. Im custom wiring the Y input harness, and it will be concealed in a 4 door chassis armrest when it isnt used. I scooped up Streetwires for power and speaker connections.

I also picked up an alarm (CodeAlarm), primarily for keyless entry since the EJ1 spends 95% of its alone time in a garage... but i did scoop up a glass breakage sensor and a microwave sensor for additional protection. Since it is a security addition... details and install info will be limited. lol But i am looking forward to getting wrapped up in the wiring harness again... NOT.
    Awwwwww getting into that bump again i see! Ill be upgrading my shit very very soon! Going Louder lol

Yeah man gotta have somethin... man cannot live on the sound of VTEC alone. LoL

try looking into water to air ic. they reduce piping alot

how were you planning on mounting the rdx intercooler?

Registered User gtimportfanatic's Avatar
    on k20A there was a guy from australia that did a W2A chamber style one on a red EG i believe, and that was pretty awesome, but his advantage was that the car was RHD and he was able to do alot more on the left side of the car with no BMC or res there.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonhead228 View Post
    try looking into water to air ic. they reduce piping alot
    I will, just havent gotten that far yet. My only knowledge with W2A is a friend that used one in a Plymouth minivan he boosted. Retarded project... but funny as hell winning races with two kegs and a van full of people. lol Im also assuming they are all aftermarket too... so that will have to weigh into the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by 1GR8EP3 View Post
    how were you planning on mounting the rdx intercooler?
    I planned to do it the same way as i mentioned above... that way i didnt have to figure a way to use the RDX IM and TB. I just never got that far with it before i had to get rid of the RDX...

Quote Originally Posted by gtimportfanatic View Post
    on k20A there was a guy from australia that did a W2A chamber style one on a red EG i believe, and that was pretty awesome, but his advantage was that the car was RHD and he was able to do alot more on the left side of the car with no BMC or res there.
    Man i spend hours scouring project cars there... there is just so much damn info over there it takes forever. Outta curiosity, anything you can think of that might help me search for it?

OH. My second package from Crutchfield arrives tomorrow. : )

but the fucking pics don't work anymore

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information