Close

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ej1 -Round 2-

Registered User gtimportfanatic's Avatar
    Heres a vid clip of when i was messing with building boost at a standstill, turboxs rfl too under 5psi

http://youtu.be/OcmhP45kXNA

That dont sound bad at all Dre. I mean it doesnt even sound that loud.

I got a quote from the local "tuner shop" to assemble a custom mandrel bent 3" exhaust. Dude wants $625... for MILD STEEL. No one locally has a bender... so a generic kit will be ordered and there will be a lot of scrap left when hes done. Same situation with FMIC piping. This is frustrating...

The turbo, mani, and other larger parts of the setup should be in hand in the next month (sans an intercooler setup... unless something resolves itself between now and then). It looks like im gonna have to cut into my engine harness again for turbo clearance with the firewall. YAY. More fuckin wire work.

Anyone have a suggestion for injectors? i dont think my modded 270's are gonna cut it anymore. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post

I got a quote from the local "tuner shop" to assemble a custom mandrel bent 3" exhaust. Dude wants $625... for MILD STEEL. No one locally has a bender... so a generic kit will be ordered and there will be a lot of scrap left when hes done. Same situation with FMIC piping. This is frustrating...

The turbo, mani, and other larger parts of the setup should be in hand in the next month (sans an intercooler setup... unless something resolves itself between now and then). It looks like im gonna have to cut into my engine harness again for turbo clearance with the firewall. YAY. More fuckin wire work.

Anyone have a suggestion for injectors? i dont think my modded 270's are gonna cut it anymore. lol
    You going boost? Friend of mine has a professionally bored, port matched to a skunk 2 74mm tb RBC with the TB for sell.

Cha mang! I already have an RRC mani... but i still need the Hybrid Racing TB to go with it. I may not use the RRC, and just port match the PRC to the HR TB. You know im always doin shit in stages so theres no tellin... lol

I would look at ID's or DW's ... I have DW 1000's and there great no problems when the car was running. I would suggest 750's for your set up

1000's... wOw! Whats that spray pattern like? Sounds like something big enough to shoot paint. lol Ive heard of ID's... whos DW's?

why don't you get a VRS kit, if you can weld yourself it's the easiest solution, just add your own muffler.
    http://vrsexhaust.com/TUBING_KITS/HO.../honda_tk.html

as for the IC piping, i wish i could help there i go to a friend thats close to me he does awesome work. see if you can find a used IC setup on K20A.

and as for the injectors, Dan is having good results with his a3 in FIC600's, ID750's are a good shot for sure, ID1000's will def work, same for DW and FIC, and basically what i have obtained from tuners, the spray patterns in these new injectors atomize so well that problems they had in the past with them are gone and the injectors can operate more efficiently, enabling one to buy only one set of injectors in the case that you would want a slight upgrade on the turbo or so on in the future you don't have to buy injectors twice

http://www.deatschwerks.com/

check em out... What gt said was some good info you really cant go wrong with those three companies FIC, ID, or DW. D you crack me up man " Sounds like something big enough to shoot paint" LMAO

Thanx for all the info guys. It will be a few days before i can check it all out. I have been super busy the past week or so tryna get everything lined up for this coming weekends move, AND yesterday was my birthday. YaY!

Ugh i hate fuckin moving...

Happy Belated Birthday Ol man

I hate moving to and thats exactly what my wife wants to do when I get home .. Man I cant catch a break hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by gtimportfanatic View Post
    why don't you get a VRS kit, if you can weld yourself it's the easiest solution, just add your own muffler.
    http://vrsexhaust.com/TUBING_KITS/HO.../honda_tk.html

Dude... whats the catch? Its so damn cheap! $135-160?? It would only need to be modded at the slight 'z' bend just before the header too. If i went 2.5, i could snag one of SHG's s2000 loops and run it out back...

Quote Originally Posted by 1GR8EP3 View Post
    Happy Belated Birthday Ol man

I hate moving to and thats exactly what my wife wants to do when I get home .. Man I cant catch a break hahaha
    Thanx bro. From now on i dont count my birthdays... lol

And moving sucks ass. I fuckin hate it. Half my shit is in boxes thats never been unpacked because i move so much. lol Hurry home man...

Dude... whats the catch? Its so damn cheap! $135-160?? It would only need to be modded at the slight 'z' bend just before the header too. If i went 2.5, i could snag one of SHG's s2000 loops and run it out back...
    No catch just do it lol, yeah support E, he needs his a2 funds lol, but in all seriousness, ryan, a friend here just did the kit for his EP, we spent 190 shipped on the kit, 40 bucks in vbands, 90 bucks on a vibrant 3" muffler and shot some cash to my boy for the fab work, im looking at around 450 for my 3" too and thats cuz i can't weld lol

Re: Ej1 -Round 2-

Damn didnt even see this build thread. Sorry to hear you were feeling under the weather. Will Mos Def keep prayers and good thoughts your way.. Your Ride is lookin amazin.. Specially the K thats movin it around. Straight Beast! Keep up the great work Dave! Subscribed fo sho

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

bump for a cool ass dude!

met up with him after autox earlier. even met his wife and help move in a little! LOL jk

to bad i couldn't chill long dave, maybe next time.

Thanks again for looking out for me and everything.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information