Close

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Ej1 -Round 2-

Quote Originally Posted by gtimportfanatic View Post
    No catch just do it lol, yeah support E, he needs his a2 funds lol, but in all seriousness, ryan, a friend here just did the kit for his EP, we spent 190 shipped on the kit, 40 bucks in vbands, 90 bucks on a vibrant 3" muffler and shot some cash to my boy for the fab work, im looking at around 450 for my 3" too and thats cuz i can't weld lol
    Yeah imma go this route. For my situation i think its the best bang for the buck. I still need to climb up under the EJ and check to see if that AP1/2 muffler will work (which one i need left or right)... but i wanna do that too. Its been a hectic few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by SkareKrow View Post
    Damn didnt even see this build thread. Sorry to hear you were feeling under the weather. Will Mos Def keep prayers and good thoughts your way.. Your Ride is lookin amazin.. Specially the K thats movin it around. Straight Beast! Keep up the great work Dave! Subscribed fo sho

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanx brah. Shes simple... and it will take time... but i love her the same!

Quote Originally Posted by lemonhead228 View Post
    bump for a cool ass dude!

met up with him after autox earlier. even met his wife and help move in a little! LOL jk

to bad i couldn't chill long dave, maybe next time.

Thanks again for looking out for me and everything.
    Yeah buddy... sorry about that mess. Told ya i was busy as hell. lol I was lookin forward to sittin down to some wings, pizza, n beer... maybe next time. Then you can introduce me to some of that crawfish you were talkin about! lol

You need anything look me up... i do what i can to help out!

- Dave

Look at this bullshit...

... lower balljoint let go on me in the middle of my busy ass fuckin week. Pulled into a parkinglot super slow to avoid scraping and the castlenut let go (no cotter pin or hole for one). It pulled the axle out of the inboard cup and everything. A jack, jackstand, and a few misc tools later i had it back on the road... but the threads on the balljoint were fuct. After i got it home i jacked up the drivers side, and that castle nut was about to fall off too. WTF?!

Last edited by brownryce; 04-22-2009 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    Yeah buddy... sorry about that mess. Told ya i was busy as hell. lol I was lookin forward to sittin down to some wings, pizza, n beer... maybe next time. Then you can introduce me to some of that crawfish you were talkin about! lol

You need anything look me up... i do what i can to help out!

- Dave
    Hahah yea i was looking forward to eating and chilling with ya too but the crawfish made up for the food part.

If you get your car prepped up for auto cross it'd be cool if you can make it to the next one in Biloxi. It's gonna bea pretty big event.

Re: Ej1 -Round 2-

Look at this bullshit...

... lower balljoint let go on me in the middle of my busy ass fuckin week. Pulled into a parkinglot super slow to avoid scraping and the castlenut let go (no cotter pin or hole for one). It pulled the axle out of the inboard cup and everything. A jack, jackstand, and a few misc tools later i had it back on the road... but the threads on the balljoint were fuct. After i got it home i jacked up the drivers side, and that castle nut was about to fall off too. WTF?!

oh wow. Hope all is well. I had a similar experience with Godspeed front camber bolts. FTS!

Look at this bullshit...

Damn it! Just what you needed. You good at body work also? I was towing a newly painted Triumph TR6 yeras ago. Six coats of aviation paint. The knock off on one of the wire wheels came off and did pretty much the same thing. Heart breaker. Keep your chin up!

Quote Originally Posted by SkareKrow View Post
    oh wow. Hope all is well. I had a similar experience with Godspeed front camber bolts. FTS!

It coulda been a lot worse... so im happy it wasnt so bad. : )

Quote Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
    Damn it! Just what you needed. You good at body work also? I was towing a newly painted Triumph TR6 yeras ago. Six coats of aviation paint. The knock off on one of the wire wheels came off and did pretty much the same thing. Heart breaker. Keep your chin up!
    Yah im decent at body work. Im slow with it. Im too damn anal to make a career out of it. lol

I think i woulda cried if that happened to me with the Triumph. I hate seeing so much hard work get ruined over some simple shit. Luckily for me there hasnt been a lot of exterior work done, and replacing the fender will be easy (if i dont find a decent TITLED hatch soon).

I have a few days worth of general work to get done around the house. We have some workers moving the back door so we can enlarge the kitchen... along with a lot of exterior work. Ill get back on the EJ very soon... im itchin to have some fun!

My last fillup of city driving (no interstate) and a few hard pulls on some unsuspecting vermin gave me 29.8mpg. Im ready for the larger exhaust and opening up the tune on the top end.

Yep... thats a DynoJet...

Yep... thats a DynoJet...

You Trying to see how much you're makin or finally getting it dyno tune?

Nah i tune my own shizz... i just got a baseline on a DynoJet with the OEM exhaust/low octane KAL... so i know what i started with.

Things are starting to calm down around here (house and work wise) so ill be able to pick up the parts i need to get the ball rolling...

Hahah yea I kno thats what i was saying..

That's good you settle a lil, so you gonna start on the other build? Cant wait to see how that one turns out!

I was actually looking for the bolts to put the block on the engine stand yesterday. lol

It needs to be bored for the pistons (87mm), and i need to find another flywheel so i can balance the rotating assembly. Other than that, everything else is coming off the engine thats in the EJ now.

The only thing i have ordered lately was a mandrel J bend and 3 bolt flanges so i can make my own 'Y' for the electric cutout. Im still going to use the k24 header>electric cutout>modified EJ midpipe>EJ axleback. Its no slouch with the cutout closed, and i dont want daily drone with larger exhaust permanently strapped to the car. With the cutout open the car will basically have an open air short length 4-1 race header (kill mode), with it closed it will be quiet and calm.

Sounds good already lol next you need is some wider tires so you can get traction in that thing ahah

Yeah thats next order of business... i need to sort the suspension and some rubber for that HP thats gonna be bolted on. lol I cant do any tuning if i cant get grip! haha

Yeah thats next order of business... i need to sort the suspension and some rubber for that HP thats gonna be bolted on. lol I cant do any tuning if i cant get grip! haha
    What do you want your suspension for?

Do you have some approximate corner weights?

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread Information