Close

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Ej1 -Round 2-

Quote Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
    What do you want your suspension for?

Do you have some approximate corner weights?
    No corner weights yet.

My focus is in this order...

1) replace all bushings

2) replace all balljoints (already have front lower on order from Honda, but need guidance on front uppers as i would like to have quality upper arms for caster/camber adjustment with an OEM balljoint if possible)

3) see if suspension is square and true (its been hit in the front and the right rear LCA chassis mount looks as if its was drug over a curb or something and slightly tweaked. This was another reason i was considering a hatch and ditching this chassis. If the suspension isnt true than im wasting my time with whatever else i do to it.)

At this point if the chassis can be aligned and is true with new/tight OEM parts, then i will start throwing $ at the chassis itself. At this point everything i will have done to it can be removed and installed on another chassis (hatch or coupe). So no loss of $.

4) i already have a sleeve over setup with Hypercoil springs... but they need to be updated with new struts and rates for the additional weight of the added K (i know the corner weighting will help here),

Wheel and tire research is being done... looks like i can do 16x8 +30 front (im gonna have a lot of rip... so i wanna have the grip to use it) and 16x7 +30 in the back... tire size is unknown. I would like to use hollow swaybars if i could, the Hotchkis bars i had on my EP3 really impressed me. I dont know if that route is possible.

5) smaller gas tank from the econo hatch (HX i believe). One of my biggest beefs with coupes is the feel of the weight out past the rear axle (versus a hatch)... the smaller tank will help reduce that feel.

6) stitch welding the lower half of the car, meaning no added welds higher than shoulder height. A cage will be overkill (weight), and this will give me an opportunity to pull every ounce of seam sealer off the chassis.

7) chassis repaint and addition of noise dampening. This car resonates its ass off. The noise is cool for the first couple rips through the gears... i want some civility for my auditory nerves.

That vid for the Singer Porsche really hit me hard. Its ok to have a bad ass car with some Grey Poupon on the side...

Oh, this gonna be fun to watch. I new you had a plan. I keep watching those two vids. They are both so right.

Yeah, theres always a plan... so few care to hear it though. Threads like these end up being a snapshot of hours of thought, research, planning, and effort...

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    Yeah, theres always a plan... so few care to hear it though. Threads like these end up being a snapshot of hours of thought, research, planning, and effort...
    Well put. Profundity at 1:00 in the morning...

This. The rear quarter needs work... but the front fender is money. Looks like a 9" wheel though.

Yep... ill rock that daily on the street.

Alright... scooped RPF1's (16x8 38 offset) but wanna get them on the car before i order tires. 38 offset will leave me a little play room for F/R width stagger and front brake clearance.

I know its a common wheel and nothing fancy... but so is my Civic. They should fit right in... lol

HA! I hit the 1/8th mile tonight for the fuck of it (1 run). I couldnt even do a burnout cause i had so much wheelhop. I hopped 1st, 2nd, AND 3rd gears... i woulda been better off with a slipping clutch! I finished a 9.01 at 73.09mph.

weaksauce... lol
    Last edited by RHDmeatwagon; 04-25-2009 at 08:02 PM.

Registered User gtimportfanatic's Avatar
    lol.. thats like my Z1 with spun bearings lol

LOL

My guess is 650lb front springs arent optimal for the strip. lol I wish i could say i plan to return for a better time... but i dont. I have no intent to optimize the car for a decent run on the strip. Its just not me.

Where are these rpf1s at man? When you get a chance can you get me the measurement of the inside of the barrel. I just want to make sure they will clear a wilwood bbk

In the box unopened. No tires yet. Lemme see what i can do on that measurement for ya...

Alright thanks man I appreciate it

Ahh the suspense you are my only hope ba.

Bear with me... been super busy and havent had time to get to storage yet. : (

Been crazy busy... had two run ins with the popo in three days (one speeding ticket and the other a warning for 61 in a 40 zone), had a chance to run with some of the locals this past weekend, and drove a friends built/sleeved 13.5cr B20 to 9k (we traded cars for a lil bit).

Sooo... i forced myself to make a 3" CAI today... no more airbox... and soon, no more OE exhaust. I still need to finish it up with a 30 degree elbow to better tuck the filter, coat it, and clock the rad hose so it doesnt touch the piping... but its time for change...

... i missed the sound of VTEC.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information