Close

Anyone have 16" wheels and a wilwood brake kit ?

I installed the wilwood big brake kit a while back and bought some 17" xxr wheels because the clearance on the stock wheels wasnt gonna fit. Now im ready to go back to a 16" wheel but i dont know if they will fit even with a large offset. Id love to toss on some enkei edr9's or konig backbone's but im not sure if they'll fit.

Anyone else have a Wilwood kit and running 16's ? Please let me know. Thanks guys.

Re: Anyone have 16" wheels and a wilwood brake kit ?

I would assume that it would matter if you are 4 lug or 5. I believe the rotor size is different.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

5 lug configuration, 12.2 " rotor

that guy w/ the face poeticfinesse21's Avatar
    I've been wondering the same thing myself. I've been told by several people that 16x7 +40 should clear the wilwood calipers.

I had 16x7 slipstreams with the bbk. +42. Tight fit but didnt rub.

Where the Rota's +40 or +42? I just bought a set of 16x7 Slipstreams with a +40 offset hoping to some day fit some Wilwoods behind them.
    Last edited by larryo108; 11-23-2012 at 09:38 PM.

I am somewhat fanatical about the MB Competition wheel owning no less than three and a half sets of this wheel. The 16x8 +25 has a very deep cup for the hub and the curve of the spokes clears the Z32 brakes on my 240 with ease. The same wheel in a 16x7 +42, while not as generous still has plenty of clearance for bulky calipers and pretty flat barrels that will clear some larger brake set ups that call for 17's.
    I like the Slips, and the Enkei 92, but unfortunately the shape of the spokes/wheel face dictates more brake clearance than offset.

Thanks tinman. And I understand completely what you are saying. I was going to print the wilwood clearance diagram and check it out with the wheels sitting in my garage. I was just curious about Attarix's setup. If he has used them and they were tight, but they cleared that would be awesome. However, I do not see a +42 slipstream on the Rota site. There is the +40 (which I have) and there is a +45. Just curious.

So sounds like if i run a 16 x 7 with a +42 offset or higher that should clear the calipers right ?

New to forum stuff and there was too much to quote.

T-BAR. I had actually sent this question to Corsport to try to get verification. By way of Wilwood themselves they provided me this link. I would think this would be useful for you.

I know that there are cars with 16" wheels and the Wilwood kit. I have seen pictures, like the one below. 16x7 Regamaster Evos with Wilwoods behind. You can find this car on the last page of the current wheels thread.

Re: Anyone have 16" wheels and a wilwood brake kit ?

I have the Wilwood kit and have run Rota Circuit 8s. 17 x 7 + 40

From Da Phone

Lucid - I see you are in Georgia. Where? If you are willing, I would love to meet up and test fit the Rota's over your Wilwoods.

T-BAR - Sorry for the thread hijack.

i run 17x7 +42 with the wilwood kit- there is plenty of room

Quote Originally Posted by differentK View Post
    i run 17x7 +42 with the wilwood kit- there is plenty of room
    yeah i dont mind keeping up with the 17's but i do a lot of highway driving and the road noise is terrible, i was hoping to move down a size so i could run a higher sidewall to help reduce noise im currently running 215/45

Thread Information