Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up My EP with the HKS Hi-Power Catback

:) Went on very well, no problems

hey that looks nice, got a lotta snow huh? was that a complete bolt on system or is it custom, and it looks like the exhaust sits pretty straight, but i ve heard that it should be angled, maybe its just the angle of the picture

its prolly just the angle of the picture, its the whole catback (bolt-on), ill post up some better pictures later
    yeah so i do all the werk in the garage at a friends, and get home and took forever to get up the driveway :( hehe

Looks great! Sound clips? I really wanna hear this thing!

...phone's ringin' Dude.. 02TafWhtSi's Avatar

Re: My EP with the HKS Hi-Power Catback

Originally posted by KrakHor9
    :) Went on very well, no problems
    Krak - where did you buy yours from? Mine just came UPS while I was away last week and I'm going to install it on Friday (1/17). I bought mine from Showstoppers USA ofr $539 shipped. BTW, I live in NJ too - will you be at our little meet on the 19th @ Menlo Park?

Re: Re: My EP with the HKS Hi-Power Catback

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 02TafWhtSi

Krak - where did you buy yours from? Mine just came UPS while I was away last week and I'm going to install it on Friday (1/17). I bought mine from Showstoppers USA ofr $539 shipped. BTW, I live in NJ too - will you be at our little meet on the 19th @ Menlo Park?
    [/QUOTE
    i got mine for like 550 at a local shop, you got a good price, and i would like to be at the meet, but i go to skewl in rochester ny so that isnt gonna happen :( ill be home in like 6 weeks if that helps hehe
    the only pain i had was the 3 nuts on the cat, they needed a breaker bar, but other than that, that thing fits great, good choice]

atl-si
    Very nice choice!

Looks great!, hows the exhaust note?

...phone's ringin' Dude.. 02TafWhtSi's Avatar
    I know the build quality is awesome and you can't beat a complete cat-back for ease of install/uninstall but that muffler is lookin kinda, oh I don't know, umm.... BIG. I have owned an Apex-i N1 sysytem before on my 00' EX and the muffler wans't nearly as big - this thing has an enormous tip! I'm wondering if I made a mistake - I'll be installing it Friday and I just don't want to be dissapointed. What does everyone think? Too ricey or just right? I've heard great things about HKS and I doubt I'll have any problems but man this muffler is huge!

Yeah i know its big, but that was the only thing i didnt like about it, otherwise i am extremely happy with it. id rather have one that sounds and works great rather than one that look great and sounds like shit, and was a pain in the ass to install...

so is it really deep at all rpms, i'm going to buy it next month i hope, also how loud is it? thanks

this.setRootCause(last);
    Hey KrakHor9, I live in Rochester. I thought that snow looked familar. The back of my black Si looks exactly the same at the moment, except without the cool exhaust.

What shop did you go to? I don't know what shops are good around here and what aren't.

Originally posted by NamingException
    Hey KrakHor9, I live in Rochester. I thought that snow looked familar. The back of my black Si looks exactly the same at the moment, except without the cool exhaust.

What shop did you go to? I don't know what shops are good around here and what aren't.
    I actually went to Autocrafting right out front of RIT where i go to skewl, i get decent prices there since i have been spending money there. Its prolly the only shop i bother checkin after i get an idea from the net of a good price....

ephatch member

Thumbs up

looks nice

ephatch member
    *whew* I thought I was the only idiot who had bought a new Si and brought it to cold ass Rochester(I'm at the U of R)...

The day I drove it up here I was turning in towards my dorm to unload and right by our post office was...a silver Si exactly like mine.

*doh* not as unique anymore =P I honked when the owner got back the 2nd time I went around(was trying to get a good parking spot to unload without people hitting my car or blocking off traffic) but I don't think the owner got the concept.

If that was any of you, well hi, I'm the idiot in the Silver Si =P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information