Whats up guys. did my headlight housings black last week and figured I'd post my pics for anyone curious !
Items Needed
  • Black (or any desired color) high temp paint
  • Flathead screwdriver
  • Use of a gas oven
  • and some common sense lol

All bulbs must obviously be removed. Bumper off and headlights out * I didnt do this at night BTW, Car sat like that overnight, I installed the headlights next morning! *

Bad hit , the pics of the headlights pre-baked got erased but ill explain the pre-procedure!
  • Start off by removing you're bumper
  • After you've removed the bumper, remove the headlights, 4 bolts per headlight.
  • Once removed, pre-heat you're oven to 270 degrees
  • *Make sure you have suitable room in you're oven!*
  • Place headlight inside sitting how it would, and let it bake for NO MORE than 4 minutes
  • After 4 minutes take out and start lifting up the tabs on the headlight with you're flat head screwdriver
  • Be quick the sealant will harden back up pretty quickly !
  • Once all tabs are lifted work the lens off of the headlight, should be fairly easy, the sealant will stretch and go back in place, just neaten it out a bit if its messy.
  • And there now you have you're open headlight, remove the housing and begin masking !

I used VHT high-temp black gloss, these are the areas you'd generally want to mask !
Make sure to clean the housing before you paint, i used windex wiped with a paper towel, then with a micro-fiber rag.

Both housing pieces tapped off and ready to paint !

After tapped off, give it 3 good coats , or read cans instructions, let dry roughly half hour per coat, or what you're can says !

I took the time to polish both sides of my lens's to rid oxidation and restore them to like new OEM headlights !

I let them sit overnight to dry, but once dried , you can now put the housings back in and encase them !

Once both encased back in the headlights Repeat baking steps !
  • Preheat 270degrees
  • put headlights back in the oven for 4 minuts !
  • Once times up, take the headlight out, With oven mits! press on the lens and apply the lens back in place
  • The goal is to re-heat the sealant and re-seal the headlight how it originally was !
  • Be sure to push all the tabs back down * they should stick right back to the sealant!*

Here are both of mine !

Install them back in to the car, and re-install the bumper

End Results !!

Before and After !

I hope i can be help of somewhat to anybody out there trying to do this themselves! thank you and enjoy !