Close

Thread: Jdm or hfp?

Jdm or hfp?

Any preferences? Money worth it to roll jdm or HFP

On an exterior mods. ie bumper lips, suspension
    Last edited by Draw7Seven; 12-04-2012 at 10:37 PM.

Jdm for sure.

Depends on what your going for...if you like the JDM go that route, expensive but its nice. I love the HFP but i cant find an entire kit, also have not looked to hard.

Either way, its your taste buddy, whichever suites you... For suspension, i would probably stay HFP, or Mugen suspension is best and will work great with our factory setup. Unless you are track and auto-x on the weekends, i would stay away from crazy drops and shitty offsets etc. Keep it clean, keep it simple.
    be jealous :P

I had both. I prefer the JDM. It looks much cleaner without the side markers on the bumpers. Also, I never loved the HFP rear on the EP3. Just my opinion.

JDM for sure. If you dont have enough money get replicas.

JDM looks cool- i prefer it to HFP... but i would never spend that kind of money since i drive my car so much. i would be too worried about f@#kn something up.

Registered User Her-Name's-Ally's Avatar
    I like HFP. I feel like if I got type r stuff I would always feel like a knock off cause I dont have a type r engine. If I had a million bucks then I would get jdm everything

Quote Originally Posted by differentK View Post
    JDM looks cool- i prefer it to HFP... but i would never spend that kind of money since i drive my car so much. i would be too worried about f@#kn something up.
    I still felt that way about the HFP as well. Ever since the HFP kit got discontinued I was always nervous about getting into a fender bender and the insurance company not being able to source the kit again for the repair.

Quote Originally Posted by DA9_GSR View Post
    I still felt that way about the HFP as well. Ever since the HFP kit got discontinued I was always nervous about getting into a fender bender and the insurance company not being able to source the kit again for the repair.
    i hear you- but i would rock HFP before i went JDM... i cant imagine the insurance company would cover anything JDM- especially if they catch wind that you modified/ replaced USDM safety equipment (rebar, etc). I would guess they would refuse to cover it and maybe even drop you- leaving you to have to replace all that JDM bling you smashed up. i would much rather find a USDM front bumper than a JDM one. If you hit someone their insurance company would probably be coming after you as well. all that just for looking cool... yea im good.

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    The insurance company won't know if its jdm or not. They will give u x amount of dollars for all damages. You can use the money to try and find a replace the bumper or not. I crashed insurance gave me 175 to buy a new ctr rep front lip from showstoppers. My buddy crashed his gsr on the highway and the money he got from insurance he bought a complete jdm front end

ukdm?

i prefer hfp

I liked the HFP lips, but the front stuff has to be all jdm, no lower side markers looks real good!

Thread Information