Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What subs?

What subs?

What is your favorite sub to have or had. Go with one two> 10's 12's 15s?

2 12s JL W3

one Crossfire 10" BMF series

Precision Acoustics 10" Subwoofer with Amp & Enclosure (PA2100L)
    Have a set in my car, and they are good and cheap as heel to buy.
    More then enough output unless you wanna make store windows shake... if so go bigger lol.

The biggest difference between the sizes is going to being the range of bass notes so to speak, that you will hear and feel. The bigger you go the lower you go, which means the "sloppier" sounding the bass will seem. If you are after a crisp, punchy bass, than stick to a ten. Especially in an EP. And as far as the number of subs... One is plenty if you have a decent sub. I personally love the alpine type r. It's crisp, durable, and can be very loud when you want it to be. Also remember the louder and bigger you go, the more you rattle, the more you rattle the more wear and tear you put on you panels and latches and glass. A 15 in our car is a sure fire way to warp the hatch and eventually cause the back 3 panes of glass to start to leak.

Quote Originally Posted by b33lz89 View Post
    2 12s JL W3
    Hellz Yeahh!! with a ported box.

JL subs over anything if you want smooth quality sound and none of the head banging loudness.

first was 1 ten a kicker, it was pretty good, stepped to a pair of fosgate he series 10" they were way better than the kicker, then tried to go with a little less set up went to a alpine type s in a sealed box, was really good loud smooth and tight, was rockin a kicker l7 8inch in a ported box, it was ok tried a jl w7 8 inch ported it was pretty good not enough of a diffrence from the kicker, but went back to the alpine 12 i think because its sealed it hits notes the kicker was missing, next im going to try a set of the sundown audio sd-2 8 inch, 2 in a box will take less space than the box i have now, and have as much out put,

Iv always loved the Alpine line of subs. Have worked in a car audio forum for a few years earlier in my career (LOL makes me sound old) I always loved the versatility, the price, and design of there subs, and combined with there amps, there is a setup for every ear. Me personally LOVE the Type X series, Im more of a Sound quality then something being loud and boomey, but the Type X, is best of both. Im currently running a Alpine type R (The 600watt RMS, 1500 watt total) with a PDX 1-1000 amp in a custom made tot he Ep sealed box, and while I like how loud and clean the bass is, just does not touch the clarity of the Type X. So I vote the Type X, 10 or 12, cant go wrong either way. Will run you about $250 for one, lesser for the 10'', and you can and will need to feed it power, My amp was rated at 1158 rms @ 4ohms under 14.4v using proper measuring tools, and i gave it all of it under a 1 ohm stable, and it was a beast, even in a sealed box, im now redoing my setup, fabbing up a 2 cu.ft ported enclosure with a port tuned between 28 hz and 32 hz at highest, will sound SO GOOD.

BTW, the subwoofer is only as good as the amp pushing it and the enclosure its settled in, even a lower end woofer can sound amazing with the right things to accompany it.

Quote Originally Posted by 03Si757 View Post
    BTW, the subwoofer is only as good as the amp pushing it and the enclosure its settled in, even a lower end woofer can sound amazing with the right things to accompany it.
    Very true i would always say this to people when they are surprised how my 1 10 inch Fosgate T1 shits on their 2 12's. I have had this set up in my car for about 6 year or so. Single fosgate T1 10 dual 4 ohms in a ported box. With a fosgate 600.1BD amp that is rated at if i remember correctly 712rms, and it has always been more then enough bass to fill the hatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty_Mouse_Ep View Post
    Very true i would always say this to people when they are surprised how my 1 10 inch Fosgate T1 shits on their 2 12's. I have had this set up in my car for about 6 year or so. Single fosgate T1 10 dual 4 ohms in a ported box. With a fosgate 600.1BD amp that is rated at if i remember correctly 712rms, and it has always been more then enough bass to fill the hatch.
    Yes, alot of people mistaken power ratings of said audio components to how good it sounds or how loud it will be, but i say whats the point in being loud if it will sound like crap lol. Always look for a reference minded subwoofer instead of a all out competition setup (unless thats what your going). There are so many options out there that fall under this category and can still hit so hard your neighbors will hate you ass. 1 Rull of thumb, more is not always better, bigger is def not always better.

757, man, can I like paypal you money to consult over skype with me lol

lol, just add me on facebook, hit me up over facebook messenger

http://www.facebook.com/MeSoCrazyCFB

Ah, damn I actually deleted my facebook a couple years back when they started to get shady with personal information. You use any other instant messenger?

I had 2 Sundown Audio SA-8v1's in my ep. They were louder than my 2 12" JL W3's!

Sundown Audio FTW, 2 SA-12's here strapped to an saz-2500

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information