Close

Help with turbo questions

I have a greddy turbo kit at my house its a little baby turbo but still want to use it. My question is is my car safe to boost with 12.5:1 pistions? i did a compression check and it said 250psi per cylinder can anyone tell me what that is in a ratio and how many pounds i could boost safely without my baby blowing? Also the motor is a k24a4 bored out to 88mm with weisco pistons, eagle h beam rods, acl race bearings and a k20a2 head with an rbc. Dont get me wrong i love my baby all motor its a sleeper putting 245whp and 207wtq but i wanna feel it boosted

You can boost it... I would just switch to e85 that way there is no detonation. I kind of curious to see what you will put down to be honest. That turbo doesnt move alot of air but your high compression makes up for it.

I am to i should easily put down at least 330 whp and i would prefer to stay on pump gas but when i do turbo im going to be forced to use e85 because i already get early detonation at partial throtle but wot is great will keep updated on how it goes and what it puts down

Registered User gtimportfanatic's Avatar
    yeah with that compression, you def have to run a higher octane fuel, e85 being the most economic. a friend of mine built an sr20 with 12.5:1 with a 35R on it and the thing made clear over 500whp with around 20psi or less cant remember.. but it had to be on race fuel

Quote Originally Posted by gtimportfanatic View Post
    yeah with that compression, you def have to run a higher octane fuel, e85 being the most economic. a friend of mine built an sr20 with 12.5:1 with a 35R on it and the thing made clear over 500whp with around 20psi or less cant remember.. but it had to be on race fuel
    I have been thinking he is probably going to make somewhere around 350 with the torque to match on e85. That small turbo is going to spool up so fast haha. What was that sr20 in?

Registered User gtimportfanatic's Avatar
    b13 sentra, fuckin things are monsters

O man now thats a fun ride haha

This might give you a little insight..

http://forums.clubep3.com/showthread.php?t=819224

Thread Information