Close

Thread: Amsoil

Amsoil

Anyone here using AMSOIL? I'm thinking about running some AMSOIL in my baby and see if it saves on gas and performance compared to the usual Mobile1 and Royal purple I always use.

http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-produc...tor-oil/<br />
    Maybe even some of this if im going to be doing some harcore boosting!!! F-YEA!
    http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-produc...20-racing-oil/

I've been running Amsoil Signature Series 5w-30 in my EP3. Can't tell a difference in HP or gas mileage, but UOAs show it is good stuff. Amsoil's MTF is the only fluid I use in my tranny that prevents grinding, slipping, and that "notchy" feeling.

Check out http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums...s.php?ubb=cfrm for any of your oil needs. Lots and lots of info over there on oils.

just started using amsoil.. seems like every other oil to me. Used royal purple, mobil one and eneos and dont see much of a difference..
    Last edited by illusionsoflife; 04-19-2009 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by urthworm View Post
    just started using amsoil.. seems like every other oil to me. Used royal purple, mobil one and eneos and dont see much of a difference..
    I agree with above, I have used redline, royal purple, amsoil, and now eneos.

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Just for fyi , but I ran eneos 5 30 and ended up getting cam gaulling with my a3.

Amsoil is an outstanding product all across the board. Very high quality stuff. Gear oils and or manual transmission fluid is debatable at the individual level. I feel the gear box more so than the engine is more affected by each individual be it skill level wise, clutch selection, foot settings and tires. All these things are tied into the gearbox and how its used and thus we all have differing views on transmission fluid preferance.

That being said, while I will sing the praises of Amsoil, I will probably never use their products. While I have blown up a couple engines in my life (I swear I was not aware of the boost spiking until it was waaaay too late) I have never suffered an oil related misshap. I use good old fashioned Castrol Syntec and Pennzoil Platinum with Purolator Pure One filters (Wix on the GTI), and am religous about maintenance. Oil is changed between 5 and 7 thousand miles with a fresh filter and top off at 3 to 4 thousand miles.

I would never tell someone to not use quality proven products, but I will always preach the sermon that is proper, CONSISTENT maintenance.

I use Amsoil in my differentials & they've not grenaded, so that's a plus.

Thread Information