Close

CEL code: 1259 help

Ok, so once I hit 100k miles in my EP all Hell broke loose, I've had to pretty much replace my entire front end cause it all went out and now I'm showing a P1259 code on my CEL when I check it thru KPro. In Kpro tho it says that it's an oil pressure switch issue. I know I have oil in the car cause I just did an oil change recently and I checked the levels when the code came on. I used Royal Purple 5W-30 with a K&N filter (the same combo that I've been using for over 2 years). I tried to pull off the VTEC solenoid and clean the screen but one of the bolts is so stripped I'm going to have to go get a tool to get it off but what I'm wondering is could it be anything else? Do these switches commonly go bad? And does anyone's else have experience with this problem? Thanks guys

You can have all the oil in the world but if theres nothing pushing it.........
    First make sure you didnt hit the connector off the pressure switch (theres only one) when you did the oil change. Its right above the oil filter. Single wire connector goes to it.

If its connected......... HOPEFULLY its a faulty switch

Damn, I didn't know it was there. I'll check it tomorrow. It's my DD and ha only car right now. Will it be ok to drive to wrk and back? It's like a 3-4 mile trip

Ok, so now it's gotten to where it will go off and then come back on a little bit later. And it's done this three times now

had same problem before, tried cleaning vtec solenoid screen, didnt work then changed oil and oil filter and CEL was gone after that for good

See the thing is I did the oil change after the light came on the first time

Ok, so I was messing around in the Kpro and theres an option to disable the VTC oil pressure switch. Would doing this mess anything up in the engine?

Thread Information