Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    AWESOME. I just got paid today.... Hmmmmmm Kpro or visa bill?

And does anyone know a kpro vendor and a good tuner in Canada? Toronto to be specific?
    Last edited by Silva; 01-04-2013 at 07:38 PM.

All but entirely unimpressed with Hondata. Terrible customer service and horrid attitudes. Why put your car in someone elses hands when things go wrong, your at the mercy of Hondata for repairs.

I am actually surprised it has taken this long. Cobb or any other foreign tuners could have a nice, profitable piece of market here in the states.

Well i thought if i go with a vendor it would be easier to deal with hondata through them instead of having to deal with hondata by myself
    maybe i'll wait it out and see what Ktuner is all about

Registered User Her-Name's-Ally's Avatar
    waiting for ktuner. Only thing im worried about is that noone will know shi about it.

I wonder how long until there is a thread about it... how much does Ktuner go for by the way?
    sorry for the mini thread jack lol

Quote Originally Posted by Silva View Post
    I wonder how long until there is a thread about it... how much does Ktuner go for by the way?
    sorry for the mini thread jack lol
    To my understanding, still cheaper than Kpro's new lower price. Which should have been Kpro's selling price to begin with. I have never had to pay more than $595 for ecu/software upgrades for any of my cars and I'll be damned if Hondata is getting that kind of money, from me at least. Granted a seller can ask whatever they want, whatever they can get from the consumer, thats a good bit. I am not mad at them. Take what you can get.
    That being said I will be going with the Ktuner. Not just because it's more cost effective, but because the starting price is fair. How one company has monopolized a market for so long, profited so much still baffles me.

I was always shocked that kpro was so much.... at least i wasn't going crazy when i thought it was inflation.
    Can't wait to see what people are saying about Ktuner, I'm gunna check day and night till I here all good things about it... Then i'll jump on that lol.

I checked out tge hrtuning website and the NepTune RTP setup lists at $399 while the RTP+LC1 lists at $560 . If someone more knowledgeable wants to check that out and chime in that would be more helpful than my caveman ass trying to give proper input.

Yeah, that is a muuuuch more reasonable selling price.

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Any links or info on ktuner?

Locals seem to dig Neptune (B and D series)... honestly it reminds me a lot of KPro. But then again, how many different ways can you write engine management software?

Maybe i got my KPro so early on i missed a lot of the nightmare you guys have endured with Hondata. Ive never had an issue (knock on KManagers daughterboard), and feel the software is more than functional for our usual needs. Do you guys have beef with the software too, or just Hondatas apparent "God complex" for sitting at the top of the market for so long?

Me, personally, the God complex.
    If there is one thing history has shown is that competition breeds excellence. If I was the only game in town I could charge what I wanted, treat my customers how so ever they got treated and would not worry about customer issues and complaints. But if one or two other guys across town were in the same game? Well I likes me some money. I would have to offer something better, different than the other guys. Give you more for your money. Treat you better than the other guy so when you move onto something newer ir different or your friends are looking to upgrade, your gonna say "Buy from tinman at My 39.99 Automotive, he's the tits"
    Honestly, outside of a brand spanking new ECU/management system like a Haltec or AEM, I am not paying a grand for a modified stock ECU. Flashes, daughter boards and chips for other makes and models do not exceed $600. You can load it with all the fluff in the world but Kpro is nothing more than that. Your stock ECU + and for 90% of the end users thats all you need.
    I have seen the spec sheet for Kpro and there is a lot of stuff in there I will never use. Why then charge me for it? All of the sudden they can knock $400 off their selling price? Why not an incremental drop over the years? Anybody buy Kpro over the holidays before this pricing took effect, how do you guys feel about your purchase now?

I'm happy i didn't rush into it now that they have some competition... Does anyone know if Ktuner has any dealers in Canada?

so pissed i payed 850 for it could of waited couple more months would of saved 150

I hate how hondata capitalized on ecu modification concerning the k series. It's easy to charge what you want when ou don't have any competition. I don't know about outside the us but here in the states $900 and up is just way too much. Is what kept me out te game. I guess I would charge that much as well if I had no competition. The only reason I would but kpro is that there is reliability because of how Lon it's been around.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information