Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by danito321 View Post
    I hate how hondata capitalized on ecu modification concerning the k series. It's easy to charge what you want when ou don't have any competition. I don't know about outside the us but here in the states $900 and up is just way too much. Is what kept me out te game. I guess I would charge that much as well if I had no competition. The only reason I would but kpro is that there is reliability because of how Lon it's been around.
    Wait it out and see what Ktuner is all about imo, that's what i'm gunna do

Imma definitely wait for it to come out. If it stays cheaper and is basically the same then imma go ktuner. I'm a dad now and can't afford to do all this cool shizz to my car. My wife just sees me paying $900-$1200 for a little computer thingy that only makes my car go from "brrrmmm" to "BrrrrmmmWAAAAAAHHH". Just more noise. So a cheaper alternative would be wonderful.

Imma definitely wait for it to come out. If it stays cheaper and is basically the same then imma go ktuner. I'm a dad now and can't afford to do all this cool shizz to my car. My wife just sees me paying $900-$1200 for a little computer thingy that only makes my car go from "brrrmmm" to "BrrrrmmmWAAAAAAHHH". Just more noise. So a cheaper alternative would be wonderful.
    LOL i'm in the same bout... just not with a wife just my girlfriend haha

Man every time I buy something new (I buy a lot of used parts to save money), she asks,"so what... It makes it louder?" Man ktuner needs to get an actual release date.

Man every time I buy something new (I buy a lot of used parts to save money), she asks,"so what... It makes it louder?" Man ktuner needs to get an actual release date.
    Amen to that. I messaged a rep and he seemed kind of blah and just refereed me to the site which has barely any info on it

when will we actually be able to install ktuner in our cars?

No idea. I tried to go on their site but there is no info on a release date. I guess either keep an eye on their Facebook page or website for a release date.

Is the ecu In the ep on the floor board like all other Honda's? Think I'm gunna order kpro this week

It's behind the glove box... I think.

I found the info in hondata thanks tho, so does the imbolizer still have to be sent in?

Quote Originally Posted by 1fasthb View Post
    I found the info in hondata thanks tho, so does the imbolizer still have to be sent in?
    No just your ECU. You get the immobi re-programmed at honda. I have a Kpro'd ECU for sale in the classified section, so you could keep your stock ECU incase you ever went back to stock, or sold it. You swap my kpro'd ecu, and you have instantly, more horsepower, higher red line limit, and access to tons of custom maps. If you have ANY mods done to your car, you really should be running kpro. I paid the $975 for it less than a six months ago.

So how does the immobilizer work? Can you still run and drive the car with out taking it to Honda? And if not what do you tell honda u need done when you take it to them? What does it Usually cost for this as well? Thanks

Edit: nvm some told me that the immobilizer is only for reflashes only
    Last edited by 1fasthb; 02-27-2013 at 02:31 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information