Close

Car won't start after OEM ecu install...

I had been running with my kpro for years and now I decided to swap back the OEM ecu in. But my car won't crank over after I install back my original OEM ecu. Anyone have any idea why? Thanks.

In case anyone wonder why I swap back is I been getting poor mpg (22 mpg) and hoping to see if it is the kpro problem. Plus I am planning on selling my ep3.

Assuming you had the immobilizer set to "off" on the Kpro, have you changed keys or anything since you last used the old ecu? I'm no expert but I would guess it has something to do with the immobilizer...

I did had the immobilizer set to off when I am using the Kpro. I didn't change any key. Still the same one from the first day I brought my car. The only thing I could think of is I had disconnect the wire for immobilizer dash board light, since it keep flashing when I am using the kpro. Do you guys think that is the problem?

I'm sure someone on here knows more, but yeah, that wire might be it. I have to ask, are you planning on selling the Kpro?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheep3 View Post
    I'm sure someone on here knows more, but yeah, that wire might be it. I have to ask, are you planning on selling the Kpro?
    Yes I am once I get it to work on my oem ecu tho

You will have to take it to the dealer to have the immobilizer removed, it will probably cost you around 60-80 bucks to do so.

Same thing happened in my EP3. I removed KPro, picked up a used ECU, couldn't get it to work, and returned it all pissed off. Turns out, the ECU was good along, after a trip to the dealer everything was golden.

Well problem solved. It was the cable for the immobilizer dash light. Plug that back in and it fired right up. Thanks everyone :D

Thread Information