Close

Exclamation Shop paint job Help!!

I just received my car from the shop 2 days ago. I had to have the Front bumper, Lip, Splash guard, AC Condenser, and Radiator replaced. Also the lower Front tie bar had to be repaired as I hit a Dog going 55.

Well anyways State Farm Paid to get it fixed and the shop did not blend the pain on my car. So now I have a new nice deep black looking bumper and now my hood looks really faded. So just asking but don't y'all think they should have blended the paint onto the hood and the finders?

Also they didn't paint my Grill on the bumper or my lip. I swear mine where painted am I wrong?
    Last edited by Bns2000; 01-28-2013 at 03:04 AM.

Okay.. This is not always the case but.. When only damage is done to front or rear bumper they do not blend other panels. We called them just bumper jobs (minor fix, no blend). If a bumper/fender is affected then most of the time a door is blended. Quarter panels always get blended with doors, and most of the time deck lids. I had an instance where this kid wrecked his RSX-S, front and rear damage. We were only required to repaint front bumper, hood, fender, rear bumper. But because of all the work, it would leave a couple panels unpainted, so he just went ahead and had the whole car sprayed. So what I'm trying to say, is if it bothers you that much, I'd just take it back and have them shoot your hood. I'd rather spend the money and have it not as noticeable than to be horribly color matched :P

The grill in the bottom of the bper is not supposed to be painted.

Quote Originally Posted by Bns2000 View Post
    I just received my car from the shop 2 days ago. I had to have the Front bumper, Lip, Splash guard, AC Condenser, and Radiator replaced. Also the lower Front tie bar had to be repaired as I hit a Dog going 55.

Well anyways State Farm Paid to get it fixed and the shop did not blend the pain on my car. So now I have a new nice deep black looking bumper and now my hood looks really faded. So just asking but don't y'all think they should have blended the paint onto the hood and the finders?

Also they didn't paint my Grill on the bumper or my lip. I swear mine where painted am I wrong?
    You probably thought it was painted before because they are both black lol.

GDM Lights Installed Draw7Seven's Avatar
    Express this complaint to your insurance company. They want to keep you happy as a long-term customer, so they can usually help you get the shop to set it right or get another shop to make it better.

This can be a good avenue to take because the insurance company serves as a middle man.

Good luck with it.
    -Matt-
    2005 MR RSX-S
    Quote Originally Posted by hyu View Post
    If I wanted power I would have kept my neon

do what draw7 says, the insurance company has more pull with the shop, the shop will eat whatever costs to keep the insurance company happy, or the insurance will pay for the repair.

IMHO it all should have been blended to match.

Quote Originally Posted by captaingamez View Post
    do what draw7 says, the insurance company has more pull with the shop, the shop will eat whatever costs to keep the insurance company happy, or the insurance will pay for the repair.

IMHO it all should have been blended to match.
    When you say all, do you mean the whole car lol? Body shops are going to do only the bare minimum. I worked at a body shop for 3 years. If it doesn't state a blend on the estimate, there is no way they are going to tear that part of the car down and spend countless hours doing something that's not required. Some people don't really take in to account how much work painting really is. But from your standpoint being the car owner, hell I'd do whatever it takes to make your car right. I'm just trying to show you the viewpoint from both perspectives. Call up your insurance company!

Thread Information