Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar

type r climate control

Guys I wana purchase a ctr climate control console. After talking to some members here they have told me it wont fit if its from a rhd. Well I contacted a UK Honda dealer and asked them for a console for a lhd. I was surprised that they sent me a diagram that had the dials on the right hand side . Did some searching and found that lhd type r have the dials on the right side. My question is will the lhd ctr console fit ours? Will the rhd console fit? They seem identical

No, see how the console angles torwards the driver?

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo129 View Post
    No, see how the console angles torwards the driver?
    So then what about the top photo of the LHD that has the dials on the right side. I'm asuming then that one wiuld be angled towards the driver

See the differences? Ignore the Type R RHD dash, but look close at the angle they both have. It just wouldn't work.

Like I told you in the PM's you've been sending me, you had two options in LHD configuration.

this EDM LHD dash

and this USDM LHD dash

The USMD climate control looks identical to the JDM CTR climate control (except LHD configuration). So, no need to buy anything. Unless you want the EDM look.

Who is your uk dealer? I desperately want the oem ash tray and the cig socket that goes next to the shifter!!!

I see what u guys are talking about. But I wana know how that one ctr has a lhd but has the rhd console configuration

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    I see what u guys are talking about. But I wana know how that one ctr has a lhd but has the rhd console configuration
    That is just how they made them. Like DA9_GSR said you have 2 different options with LHD, beyond that there is no other configuration. I think it's kind of dumb for RHD to put the radio so far over and the climate controls so close, but what am I complaining about, ill never get to drive one anyways

No problem. That top pic lhd with the dials on the right side threw me off. And I wanted the dials like that. So I was hoping I could get it like that since it was a lhd. But you guys are the experts when it comes to the ctr stuff , and will listen to you . I just wanted to make sure 100% I couldn't get that configuration

No problem. That top pic lhd with the dials on the right side threw me off. And I wanted the dials like that. So I was hoping I could get it like that since it was a lhd. But you guys are the experts when it comes to the ctr stuff , and will listen to you . I just wanted to make sure 100% I couldn't get that configuration
    Yeah I wouldn't worry too much about it, unless your a JDM freak and end up doing a RHD swap lol. One of the biggest improvements I did to my console to really make it stand out was paint it body color (TW). I also thought about tracking down some black climate control knobs to replace the grey ones.

Haha nice. This saddens me. I was really hoping to get the dials on the right side. I duno how I feel about the buttons on the top. I think ours looks better

Haha nice. This saddens me. I was really hoping to get the dials on the right side. I duno how I feel about the buttons on the top. I think ours looks better
    Yeah I would just stick with what you have. Paint it, sticker bomb it, or have someone air brush it lol.

The CTR's with the climate control buttons on the top were made for the EDM. Everyone else in the world, UKDM, JDM, USDM, had the same style of having the climate control buttons on the side. Me, being a JDM freak, kept my OEM configuration because it mimics the JDM CTR

If i went with the edm will our vents work with it? I'm gona see what hendy Honda says. He just told me configuration for rhd and lhd is different. he must've sent me the wrong diagram

i have the rhd climate control in my ep... but i also have a rhd ep3r hahaha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information