Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DIY: Cluster light burn FIX (YEAH TO ALL BURN CLUSTER HERE IS YOUR FIX

ok so I got this fog light kit from a member here, EPhatch. install it and the light when out on half of the cluster also I have no light in A/C nobs. WTF????? I remember smelling a burn smell.

check and they are ok

1. cluster bulds
    2. fuses
    3. took haft of the cluster apart back side of the board is ok

WELL I got frustrated with it so I said fuck it it is broke already, so let's fuck it up some more.

Well I found the problem for you guys, it is a fried board, nothing special but I think I'm able to fix.

here are the photos

You need to take the cluster apart I mean everything!!!!!

Board from inside. This part is cover by the white faces

Needle remove. I use a tab remover, all you have to do is pry up slowly. it will pop like if you have broke it. (when I did it first I really said O.K let call Honda for a new cluster... but it just make that noise)

Note: one of the needle came out with the shaft that goes inside the "whateverfuckingland" you want to call it. Don't worry it can be re-use and you are fine. so I end up with 3 needle and one needle with a shaft. All other shaft stay where they suppose to be with the board.

White cluster no needles

Back part of the cluster which needs to be remove

THE MOTHER F. Go swallow some..... lol

The fix

Proof that all light are working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now to set the needle back into the right position is easy except for the gas.

1. You will notice that inside where the needle goes in, look carefully inside and you will notice a U shape thing. That thing regulates how much play up/down your needle has.

1) Speedometer with car on put it on 0. do not put it in with car off because you needle will be off, reason is the needle once you shut the car off it has a resting point. (if you don't understand me go ahead do it you way and you will find out. I did =)

2) RPM Car on point your needle around 2 line under 1000 and you will be fine.

3) Temp car has to be fully warm I mean drive it for 15 minutes. Once you know car has reach maximum temp count from down up the line, it should be pointing at line # 8

4) Gas AKA the bitch. you will have to rest your needle in a complete shut down engine take the key out and set your needle according to the photo. It may take couple of try but it a trail and error. DO NOT DO THE FULL THE TANK AND SET IT TO FULL YOU WILL BE OFF! look worse case if your reading is off don't worry the yellow light will warn you even if your needle reads that you have a 1/4 tank to empty.

Trick is when on power it read what ever you make it read. shut car off and needle drop to red line, then it lower itself a bit more to letter E. So that is you play time with that "drop once it shut down. It can be done I did it, it take time and patience.

Hope it help some one out there .

Big thanks to cyllarus for letting me take a pic of his cluster to calibrate mine.

so did you solder the wire to bypass the circuit ? I cant tell from the picture

Quote Originally Posted by caldera193 View Post
    so did you solder the wire to bypass the circuit ? I cant tell from the picture
    Yes the wire is solder in, I did not want to take the risk of that comming off and do it all over again.

Bump

Envoyé de mon HTC Desire 510 en utilisant Tapatalk

Just removed mine cuzz i have the same problems but damn cant see fried shit i think thats not my problems :(

Looks like you burned this bit here highlighted in the red circle:

Circuits looks good no ? Im not good in electrical problems so if you said it look Burn then i will take it appart again :(

When i put a bulb behind the cluster she dosent light up but it make my heater accessories light flash and the hazzard too sorry for m'y bad english thks for your help buddy

Actually, looking at it again it doesn't looked like anything is burned. Sorry about that! The flash of the picture also blows out near the coils, so it's hard to see if the same circuit is burned out near there.

If they is no bulb in my centre console acessories would it be the reason why the cluster dosent light ? Maybe its like a chrismas tree light if one is missing the other wont light up ?

I try to make my cluster marche work without them bulb in the climat control cuz they ar blown i remove them

Omg i have just win the lottery look à this beatyfull burn trace thks god i found my lightning prob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information