Close

DIY for replica Mugen grill and spoiler?

Well I got the noted items yesterday.

I am looking for a DIY on installing these items. I cannot find anything current with photos though. The wing also came with some rubber grommets, which I assume go over the bolt holes on the spoiler from what I read. However, it also game with some plastic "tabs" for lack of a better term, that I have no idea what to do with. You can see them in the photo kind of tucked under the grill.

The quality seems good, but I have not had a chance to test fit anything as it was late when I got home yesterday. I will try the grill tonight, but the spoiler will probably have to wait until the weekend. They all still need paint anyways. But the quality seems good. No cracks or anything that I can see. Although there is something floating around in the main part of the wing. It does not appear broken, but when I flip it, I can hear something rattling.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by larryo108 View Post
    Well I got the noted items yesterday.

I am looking for a DIY on installing these items. I cannot find anything current with photos though. The wing also came with some rubber grommets, which I assume go over the bolt holes on the spoiler from what I read. However, it also game with some plastic "tabs" for lack of a better term, that I have no idea what to do with. You can see them in the photo kind of tucked under the grill.

The quality seems good, but I have not had a chance to test fit anything as it was late when I got home yesterday. I will try the grill tonight, but the spoiler will probably have to wait until the weekend. They all still need paint anyways. But the quality seems good. No cracks or anything that I can see. Although there is something floating around in the main part of the wing. It does not appear broken, but when I flip it, I can hear something rattling.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Installing the spoiler is very straight forward. I had one on last summer and put it on right when I bought it in a parking lot in less then 15 minutes.

You have to take off the interior plastic piece at the top of the hatch which just pops right off and remove the brake light housing, all bolts are 10mm I believe. From there you will see 4 nuts and bolts underneath where you removed the plastic, remove them, and then there are 2 more closer to the ends of the spoiler, remove them as well. From there wiggle it off there is some Velcro and clips holding it that should pop right out and stay attached to the stock wing. From there mount up the new spoiler, helps if you have someone to hold it up, then put everything back on in reverse order of what I listed and BAM you have a sexy looking spoiler.

have fun

Thanks for that. I was hoping it would be that simple and that is what I read. I am still curious what the black plastic strips are for.

I eyeballed them for about a week after I got my wing back from paint. The holes and length dont correspond to anything so screw it. I trashed them and haven't looked back since.
    On a side note, do please post up after you fit the grill with any commentary pertaining to fit or fitment issues encountered. I have been thinking about biting the bullet on this as I have been running the plain badgeless Ebay grill. With no complaints I may add.

Quote Originally Posted by larryo108 View Post
    Thanks for that. I was hoping it would be that simple and that is what I read. I am still curious what the black plastic strips are for.
    The strips are to put in between the wing and the glass probably, i bought mine used so i had to buy thick double sided tape. It's to prevent the wing from rattling on the glass. It's best to put in on before you tighten it up... sorry just forgot to mention it earlier haha

Thread Information