Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

DIY: How to get BNIB UKDM EP3R OEM Honda parts

Over the last year I've been hoarding EP3R parts and sourcing them for close friends. Well, during that time I've learned a few tricks when it comes to getting OEM parts from overseas. But first, let's start with this basic/general breakdown of how Honda OEM part numbers work. Optional accessories usually don't come with a parts diagram so understanding how to decode a part number is a definite plus.

Usually the part number is 3 sets of numbers and letters separated by dashes.

Example:

12345-S5A-A01ZZ

The first portion of the part number (the prefix) tell you what kinda of part you're looking at. The 3 part numbers below are for power mirror control switches.

35190-S7A-J01ZB >>>>> EP3 mirror switch
    35190-S5P-A01ZA >>>>> EM2 mirror switch
    35190-S6M-J21 >>>>> DC5 Mirror switch

The second part is a little hazy but it will tell you which car the part is meant for OR if the part fits multiple cars, which it was originally created for.

The third part (the suffix) will tell you which market the part is for (A=USDM, J=JDM, ETC), the iteration/manufacturer code and color (ZZ=unpainted).

This is a great explanation I found on the internet: Honda p/n's decoded

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __

Now that you have an idea of how the part numbers work, let's go get some of those 'MADDD TYTE y0 JDM' part numbers!

Some of you may already know of Ling's Honda in the UK. They are a great resource for finding parts but they use their own generic 'in-house, pfk' part numbers. Even though, Lings Honda will ship to the US, I only use their website to get EURO Honda part numbers (both LHD and RHD). IMHO, their prices are not the cheapest (I think full MSRP), shipping/postage costs are a little on the expensive side and slow, and they're customer service and response/reply time is not that great. But again, their parts catalog site is an awesome resource. lol

Here's a link to their website: Ling's Honda Parts Catalog

After you navigate your way to the part diagram with the part you're looking for, you will want to click on the url found in your web browser's address bar and delete the '_pfk' found in the url.

The following url will is where Ling's Honda's website will take you if you're looking for a UKDM EP3R Gauge Cluster:
    http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda...&block_03=9725

If you take the url shown above and just simply delete the '_pfk', you get this:
    http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda...&block_03=9725

Now, with the help of the Ling's Honda website, you have the actual OEM Honda part number for the part you want.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __

Simon Kearn. Whatever he's getting paid, its not enough. He's patient, a great guy to deal with, he always responds within 24 hours, and ships uber-fast via UPS. I know something like 'responding within 24 hours' might not sound impressive but when you're sending your hard-earned money overseas to someone you've never met, customer service makes a big difference.

The most common part you guys are probably going to ask about is the EP3R front/rear bumper. The EP3R lip is actually more expensive compared to the bumper. I know, it's wierd... Anyway, prices may have changed but the last time Simon priced out a bumper for me, a factory painted EP3R bumper from Hendy Honda was around £200 (that's roughly $320 USD!!!). Shipping/postage costs are pretty ridiculous so you'll want to get creative and either buy a large order for yourself OR you can set up your own local 'mini group-buy' to split shipping costs with your fellow EPhatch buddies. Just to give you guys an idea, the cost of shipping 1 bumper from the Hendy Honda to the North East USA was ~£100. After the exchange rate and transaction (paypal or bank) fees, you can have a BNIB EP3R bumper for ~£300 (that's less than $500 USD)

From what I can tell, Simon can source both LHD and RHD parts.

Simon's email is:

skearn@hendy-group.com

Happy part hunting, guys!

edit: Here's a link to the ebay store: http://www.ebay.com/usr/hendy_eshop

Below are links to current listings:

Link to the facelift 04/05 EP3R bumper: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-GENUINE-...item2c7256d024

Link to the facelift 04/05 EP3R tail lights: http://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-CIVI...item2eb490d102

Link to the facelift 04/05 EP3R LHD projector headlights: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Hond...item2ec2ab9293
    Last edited by usedep3; 09-05-2013 at 07:29 PM.
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Simon is a cool dude. He couldnt get me the dials for edm console. He even went and called another Honda dealer for me and it was a no go. Damn Germans I was bummed :( I sourced the ac and rear defrost panel, but the 3 dials for the top I am still not able to find. I duno if I should just bite the bullet and buy the console, get the 3 buttons, and just pray the dials show up one day. I also sources a rhd dash kit but 1200 shipped .... I duno

If you guys are really interested in UK parts I would only call hendy Honda if your really trying to source rare parts. You can get used parts cheaper here. I got a pair of ctr door sills for like 45 shipped and I just bought 05 ctr mirrors with LED for 173 shipped. I would only do hendy Honda if you really need to have the part bnib or cant find it on that forum
    Also try other ebay countries such as Germany Spain Portugal, even Japan, a lot of eBay sites ship worldwide, use this link below and it will translate everything to English for u
    http://www.bing.com/translator/
    http://civictype-r.co.uk/forum/
    Last edited by superchargedk20; 01-30-2013 at 11:18 PM.

Great info!
    charles charles charles charles charles charles charles charles charles charles charles charles

Hey j000000stin!!! Suck it, i know how to change my sig. muhahahaha

Just talked to simon! Hes in the middle of joining ephatch!!! Find me those dials Simon!!!

I bought my bumpers from Simon at Hendy Honda. Great guy! Great business! Super easy to deal with.

Thank you!
    Last edited by Kodeen; 04-22-2009 at 02:48 PM.

Superb.

Just played middle man for gtimportfanatic and got him a ctr cluster for £65 shipped using the forum I posted above :)

^^ definately gona use hendy for ctr bumper and lip. I just got my floor mats from em. I was a little disappointed because they were shipped in like a plastic bag and the rear mat was folded in half, now there is a crease going up the middle. I'm hoping a little quick ironing will solve it

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    ^^ definately gona use hendy for ctr bumper and lip. I just got my floor mats from em. I was a little disappointed because they were shipped in like a plastic bag and the rear mat was folded in half, now there is a crease going up the middle. I'm hoping a little quick ironing will solve it
    The bumper and lip will be shipped in bubble wrap and a plastic bag as well haha. I haven't had any issues with the way they package their bumpers. I think the fact that items are shipped and processed through customs quickly help minimize the chance of damaging the items. I ordered 2 bumpers on a Friday and they were at my door on Monday.. uber fast.

Are you planning to go facelift? If you don't already have one, you better order a slam panel soon for the facelift bumper. Simon mentioned that there is a limited stock or that they are already discontinued.

The way your mats were packaged is just how Honda ships them. Over time the crease will go away (at least mine did lol).
    Last edited by usedep3; 02-01-2013 at 08:45 AM.
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Quote Originally Posted by usedep3 View Post
    The bumper and lip will be shipped in bubble wrap and a plastic bag as well haha. I haven't had any issues with the way they package their bumpers. I think the fact that items are shipped and processed through customs quickly help minimize the chance of damaging the items. I ordered 2 bumpers on a Friday and they were at my door on Monday.. uber fast.

Are you planning to go facelift? If you don't already have one, you better order a slam panel soon for the facelift bumper. Simon mentioned that there is a limited stock or that they are already discontinued.

The way your mats were packaged is just how Honda ships them. Over time the crease will go away (at least mine did lol).
    Facelift is what exactly? The mesh with the big H? I want the 04-05 bumper with lip

Facelift is what exactly? The mesh with the big H? I want the 04-05 bumper with lip
    Pre-facelift would be 01-03 EP3R
    Facelift would be 04-05 EP3R
    Green Crew #7

And what piece is tge slam panel

And what piece is tge slam panel

part # 2, OEM honda part no.: 71122-S6E-000

people on this board have been calling this part the 'slam panel'.
    Green Crew #7

Gotcha. Is that part needed? And the grill with the big H?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information